Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Jon B vs The Weeknd (jon b advances)

Who U Got?

• Jon B

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • The Weeknd

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
Weekend has one good song and that's the joint from the soundtrack. Besides that Jon B shits on dudes whole career, catalog and everything else.

Let be serious for a sec and ask, does WeekND even sing?

Seriously, is he even outchea making r&b cuts or is he harmony rapping over trap beats?

I know I ain't the biggest Jon B fan, he will NOT be getting my vote again BUT against Weeknd? Shit I figured his was a no brainer
i really don't know shit about weekend, other than the few singles i heard... but them shits were smoooth....

smoother than jon b corny ass

97-98??

bruh can you in full confidence say that jon B would be billed higher than ANY of these acts in 1997-1998??

usher
brian mcknight
mariah
janet
boyz2men
rkelly
joe
ginuwine
erykah badu
kci&jojo
monica
dru hill
montell jordan
lauryn hill
tamia
kelly price
tyrese
aaliyah
maxwell
total
d'angelo

like if any one of these folk were having a show the same night as jon B in your city in 1997-1998 jon B show would be straight crickets.....

like i said i put Case over jon B.....

at least weekend name stay relevant in this era....dude on movie soundtracks.....

she earned it is an official ass song.....shit like the theme song for that shades of grey movie.....

jon B ain't have no tracks like that.....dude was highly forgettable.....i can't remember the last time jonB was thrown in a slowjam mix...

yall tripping

97-98??

bruh can you in full confidence say that jon B would be billed higher than ANY of these acts in 1997-1998??

usher
brian mcknight
mariah
janet
boyz2men
rkelly
joe
ginuwine
erykah badu
kci&jojo
monica
dru hill
montell jordan
lauryn hill
tamia
kelly price
tyrese
aaliyah
maxwell
total
d'angelo

like if any one of these folk were having a show the same night as jon B in your city in 1997-1998 jon B show would be straight crickets.....

at least weekend name stay relevant in this era....dude on movie soundtracks.....

she earned it is an official ass song.....shit like the theme song for that shades of grey movie.....

jon B ain't have no tracks like that.....dude was highly forgettable.....i can't remember the last time jonB was thrown in a slowjam mix...

yall tripping

I ain't say he was untouchable or that he was the out right king of R&B.

But for those 2 years he WAS in the mix w/ all them folks.

Whatever the reasons you don't like he, cool, but to act like he didn't have a lil run is just hating.

what i'm saying is, no one was checking for jon b...

dude had a few little cool songs, but he was never the man, he was in nobody's top 5 or top 10 ever.....

even his best songs weren't the best tracks to put on a mix tape at no given time.....dude was highly forgettable....

the only reason he's being remembered fondly is because r & b has felll outta mainstream the past few decades....

if r&b was still today what it was 20 years ago......and was consistently that good all the years in between... no one remembers jon B

97-98??

usher
brian mcknight
mariah
janet
boyz2men
rkelly
joe
ginuwine
erykah badu
kci&jojo
monica
dru hill
montell jordan
lauryn hill
tamia
kelly price
tyrese
aaliyah
maxwell
total
d'angelo

yall tripping

I like Boyz to Men, they my favorite R&B group but they haven't done shit since the mid 90's
FOH with Kelly Price and Total
Joe is on the same level as Jon B

Hating doesn't suit you at all, go back to being the gentle giant

I like Boyz to Men, they my favorite R&B group but they haven't done shit since the mid 90's
FOH with Kelly Price and Total
Joe is on the same level as Jon B

Hating doesn't suit you at all, go back to being the gentle giant
b2m dropped ode to mama in 98 bruh....

kelly price was killing shit in 98....freind of mines and the remix shit on any jon B track

total....c'mon son.....total was top tier in the 90's

and joe smokes Jon B bruh, please stop playing....

if this was joe vs jon b... it would be a land slide....

if this was joe vs weeknd it would be a land slide...

it's only close cuz jon b wack

Come on Du, that's your opinion and all but the cool relax album went double plat.

2pac jumped on one of his records

"They don't know" was one of the hottest songs that year.

I'm not sure why you are saying noone was checking for the dude that year, but dude was on in 97

Come on Du, that's your opinion and all but the cool relax album went double plat.

2pac jumped on one of his records

"They don't know" was one of the hottest songs that year.

I'm not sure why you are saying noone was checking for the dude that year, but dude was on in 97
his hottest song to date......prolly his only top 10 song.........ever......and even then maybe for like a month or 2

if it wasn't for the shit with pac and chico debarge dude would be a one hit wonder...

what i'm saying is, no one was checking for jon b...

dude had a few little cool songs, but he was never the man, he was in nobody's top 5 or top 10 ever.....

even his best songs weren't the best tracks to put on a mix tape at no given time.....dude was highly forgettable....

the only reason he's being remembered fondly is because r & b has felll outta mainstream the past few decades....

if r&b was still today what it was 20 years ago......and was consistently that good all the years in between... no one remembers jon B

But who's saying he's top 5/top 10 ever?

All we saying is we like him better than the weekend.

But who's saying he's top 5/top 10 ever?

All we saying is we like him better than the weekend.
i'm saying he wasn't top anything of his era... the only reason he's remembered fondly is cuz the field was ridiculous back then.....even mediocre tracks and mediocre talents like jon b age well, cuz that whole era the bar was way higher........but the fact that jon b was mediocre during this era does not change....

weeknd is actually a hot act...dude putting out quality work,

i ain't necessarily a huge fan.. but in perspective weeknd is much more relevant to this generation than jon b was back in the 90's

jon b was barely a blimp on the radar.....i remember thinking dude was wack then...i said he was wack then.....and 20 year later i ain't forgot shit....he still wack......that's why weeknd got my vote

i'm saying he wasn't top anything of his era... the only reason he's remembered fondly is cuz the field was ridiculous back then.....even mediocre tracks and mediocre talents like jon b age well, cuz that whole era the bar was way higher........but the fact that jon b was mediocre during this era does not change....

Wasn't he behind 20-30 other acts and forgettable just a few post back, according to you?

Back