Welcome To aBlackWeb

You weren't bullied because you watched anime. you were bullied for this

Was never bullied for no damn anime lol

DQnZLpkVwAAPYVb.jpg

If that was all u were into I could see that happening.

Me for example liked anime but was heavy into sports and martial arts and was known for it. The cats that liked robot animes some of them niggaz could draw and were dope af. They'd also be the one drawing concept nike shoes too so they were popular their damn selves.

What are the ages of people saying it was never a thing to "bully"(clown) people for being anime heads? Especially black kids.

Like if you didn’t overdo it or watch something niche I don’t think kids got bullied for watching toonami after school. But if you was like in 8th grade with one those dbz shirts with the black Saiyan sand dragons on it you were not looked at as cool but a good amount of those kids did not give a fuck

Yea i don't get it

A nigga just screaming and shit yeah we clowning you but a nigga actually pulling off the flips and shit gonna get some respect on my block.

I remember my friend going through this phase when we were like 25 lol. We didn't even clown him cause he was doing that we clowned cause he chose to train wushu which is a useless martial art to try and learn at that age. Even his instructor was like "why are you here"

Wushu is essentially gymnastics in martial arts. Like interpretative dance lol.

A nigga just screaming and shit yeah we clowning you but a nigga actually pulling off the flips and shit gonna get some respect on my block.

I remember my friend going through this phase when we were like 25 lol. We didn't even clown him cause he was doing that we clowned cause he chose to train wushu which is a useless martial art to try and learn at that age. Even his instructor was like "why are you here"

Wushu is essentially gymnastics in martial arts. Like interpretative dance lol.

Well, I mean if he got really good at it, he could have moved to Hong Kong and been the token black guy in all the Wushu movies.

At my school you got "bullied" for not liking anime enough. If you was to come out the closet admitting you fucked with anime and the only thing you knew was DBZ and Digimon....them nerds was on yo ass for being a poser lol. And don't let them had found out you only watched the shows and didn't read manga...
Or God forbid think the dub was anything but trash... I remember I used to work glorified tech support at the old CMGSCCC back in the day and that was my introduction to cyber bullying was thinking DBZ's dub was better in some aspect than the subtitled shit.

In the real world, no one gave a fuck too much. Toonami was the shit universally... but if your Hillfiger didn't have the right tag...

I never remember a time when niggas was bullied for watching anime. I remember back in the late 90s/early 00s seeing niggas walk around pretty confidently in shirts that look like this:

m_5acac61ba6e3eadbda17ad66.jpg

I got a couple of DBZ shirts I rock now. The one I get the most compliments is Black.

Back