Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Yasuke

Yep, the ppl couldn't believe it and thought it a trick. That Shogun took Yusuke under his wings

If you know or anybody else knows. Was the cartoon Afro Samurai that's supposed to be based off him as well any good?

A quick article I read said a warlord that took him in rubbed his face to see if it was paint when they met.

That warlord was Oda Nobunaga. He was one of the most important figures in Japanese history and he liked Yasuke so much he basically have him noble status.

If you know or anybody else knows. Was the cartoon Afro Samurai that's supposed to be based off him as well any good?

It was pretty good. It has Rza on the soundtrack and Sam L voicing the main characters. Those were highlights.

That warlord was Oda Nobunaga. He was one of the most important figures in Japanese history and he liked Yasuke so much he basically have him noble status.

It was pretty good. It has Rza on the soundtrack and Sam L voicing the main characters. Those were highlights.

I was going to type Oba instead of Oda so I left it alone LLS. That is exactly who I was talking about though.

I'm going to watch that series.

This interesting as well didn't know about this............

Sakanoue no Tamuramaro

The first time ever for the Shogun title to be used was during the Heian period (794-1185). The first man to be given the Shogun was a black soldier called Sakanoue no Tamuramaro

This interesting as well didn't know about this............

Sakanoue no Tamuramaro

The first time ever for the Shogun title to be used was during the Heian period (794-1185). The first man to be given the Shogun was a black soldier called Sakanoue no Tamuramaro

Yeah, I heard about him, but for what I've seen, there's no solid evidence that he was black as in having African ancestry. That seems to be one of those hidden colors type facts where are black scholar said it and people have run with it without any real proof.

He was depicted like this:

330px-Sakanoue_Tamuramaro.jpg

Back