Welcome To aBlackWeb

Would You Ever Move Out Of The United States?

Whats the language barrier like?

honestly it depends on where you go. If you’re in the cities and not country area or on the northern island you should be good as an English speaker

everybody (like 50 years old and younger) is taught English at a young age there but the people are very self conscious about speaking it. They don’t want to butcher the language when talking to folks so they are usually shy.

it isn’t hard to get around or order food and drinks though. Every train sign has kanji and English right under it and if it doesn’t the people that work at these places can help. The same for restaurants and bars in the cities. If you go out in the country or small cities right outside the country area it can get interesting. Lmao.

I never had issues getting around when I lived there. I know some Japanese but not a whole lot.

you’re into Anime & Cosplay stuff aren’t you? Lol. Akhiabara aka electric town has a ton of places that have folks dressed up and serving patrons food and drinks. I had a friend who went with me back out to Japan in 2013 or 2014 and he was really into Anime.

when I lived out there I never went to that town or knew much about it. But he did and never been to Japan . Lmao. It was very interesting to say the least. Lmao. They do have some of the latest and coolest electronic gadgets debut there though.

you gotta hit up Roppongi if you and your lady want to party. Yokohama is also worth the train ride down south in my opinion also. It’s a 2 and a half hour or 3 ride from Shibuya but it doesn’t seem that long. Kamakura Diabutsu is not too far from Yokohama also.

if you don’t mind going a bit out of the way Kyoto and Osaka are also worth the visit. Awesome culture with cool shrines and temples. Universal studios is also in Osaka.
Yeah man akhiabara is the place for me lol

not an otaku like a lot of ppl are though

but thanks for all of that suggestions it’s nice to talk about Japan with someone. And universal studios would be the last place I wanna go

skytree and inokashira park me

I was actually going to make this thread a few days ago

i would and I do plan on one day moving to Japan

I’m thinking in 20 years

I almost picked up and moved to Japan back around '94 like "fuck it". Didn't know the language, didn't know anyone there, didn't even know where I was going. Just throw my shit in a couple of suitcases and bounce; I'll figure the shit out when I get there.

I almost picked up and moved to Japan back around '94 like "fuck it". Didn't know the language, didn't know anyone there, didn't even know where I was going. Just throw my shit in a couple of suitcases and bounce; I'll figure the shit out when I get there.
I thought about doing that a few times

say fuck it and work at the docks or fish market or be security or something until I figure it out

Yeah man akhiabara is the place for me lol

not an otaku like a lot of ppl are though

but thanks for all of that suggestions it’s nice to talk about Japan with someone. And universal studios would be the last place I wanna go

skytree and inokashira park me

My 1 friend was big nerd. Lol.

I went to Universal and it was actually fun. They have some different things there than America. Just like their Disney land is a bit different. They even had (I don’t know if its still open) Disney Sea in Japan. That was pretty cool because the whole park was more adult themed.

My 1 friend was big nerd. Lol.

I went to Universal and it was actually fun. They have some different things there than America. Just like their Disney land is a bit different. They even had (I don’t know if its still open) Disney Sea in Japan. That was pretty cool because the whole park was more adult themed.
Not that it wouldn’t be fun but that would be the 200th place on my mind if I went to Japan lol

you should’ve done it man. well if you had the funds to do it.

a lot of foreign folks teach English out there. I knew a guy who did that and made good money. He stayed with his Japanese lady so he already was set in that front.

We were about to pack it up and move to Belize a few years ago. Decided to wait a lil bit to stack a bit more bread but shit didn't work out the way we had planned it. I'm still gonna visit Belize though.

Back