Welcome To aBlackWeb

HBO Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty (CANCELED After 2 Seasons)

Seems kinda weird to cancel it at this point. It's not like they need 3 more seasons. One more season would have been enough. Hell, a couple more episodes probably could have done the job depending on how they paced them and what they set as the endpoint.
Nah fuck that.. hbo gave Ballers like five or six seasons and that was fictional. This series should be a dynasty of its own. After the lakers do the Bulls (featuring the bad boy pistons), then the shaq kobe lakers, the Heatles, then Warriors..

Nah fuck that.. hbo gave Ballers like five or six seasons and that was fictional. This series should be a dynasty of its own. After the lakers do the Bulls (featuring the bad boy pistons), then the shaq kobe lakers, the Heatles, then Warriors..

We've seen enough of the Bulls and I don't think shows following the Heat or Warriors would be particularly interesting. I think a follow-up series on the Shaq and Kobe Lakers would be dope though.

You got to think about it Discovery owns HBO now and they have been cutting shows and movies since they took over. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the owner's call.

This is what happens when HBO isn’t just a thing within itself like it used to be. This show would of lasted at least one more season five years ago.
Yeah, merging with Max just diluted shit with HBO. Hell, I can’t tell what’s HBO and what’s not now.

HBO shows used to have a great reputation. Even if you didn’t fuck with the subject matter you still checked for the show based solely on the quality of HBO product. Now I have no idea what product on the Max app has that stamp.

I assume not enough people care about the lakers in the 80s who also stream max

Like I wonder what the demo/numbers was for this show as far as viewership for people under the age of 34

Yeah, merging with Max just diluted shit with HBO. Hell, I can’t tell what’s HBO and what’s not now.

HBO shows used to have a great reputation. Even if you didn’t fuck with the subject matter you still checked for the show based solely on the quality of HBO product. Now I have no idea what product on the Max app has that stamp.
I only subscribed for Winning Time.
Once I saw it was canceled, I dropped it.
I hate they ended the show with The Lakers taking an L to The Celtics.

Back