Welcome To aBlackWeb

will smith latest GQ article doesnt sit right with activist

i found right wing’s pearl clutching over the slogan “defund the police” amusing

these are the same people who are convinced that under Biden’s America police will show up at their door, force them to take the vaccine, take away their guns, etc.

and if this hypothetical event were to happen, meet the police with force and kill them if necessary in the name of freedom

so KILLING the police is acceptable, but defunding them is too much?

i also don’t think it would’ve mattered how clear the slogan was. it would’ve been rejected regardless by politicians who don’t want shit to fundamentally change

Abolish the police was said by some big name and big time activist.

Of course it was never gon work

I remember some folks been saying that a few years ago at the other site.

My issue wit that was this...ok abolish the police...then what? Few us asked this to the posters who strongly supported that stance. We couldn't even get a straight answer.

Folks quickly wanna tear down the "system"...but rarely offer any solutions afterwards.

I'm over chastising other black people who are trying to get the to same place that I'm trying to get to, while taking a drastically different route. As long as our destination is the same and you aren't purposely trying to denigrate my route or stop me or hold us back as a people...we can engage and try to figure some shit out.

Facts.

Folks think there's only ONE path to social justice/equality.

Back