Wifi speed poor

VIBE

Welcome to the New Era
Dec 20, 2017
Alright, so I’m not a tech head, would appreciate help from those who are...

I have AT&T U-Verse, I only pay for their internet. My old WiFi was running @10mbps, I also had a nighthawk router hooked up to this to help boost signal, which worked wonderfully

But I wanted an upgrade to the best since I was changing from cable tv to streaming on multiple devices, so upgraded to 50mbps (max I can get)

nighthawk router did connect to it, but now has stopped working, idk why... with this 50mbps I’m experiencing more disconnections and lag than w the old internet

anyone have ideas on what I can do to fix this?

• Ether
Reactions: Chicity
Like Freeman said

def change your ISP cause 50 is TRASH

also when you upgraded did they send you a new modem?

Reactions: AZTG
Damn bruh, I got 300mbps, how the fuck you even surf?

when I was running 10, it felt quick, needed more to stream... 50 had a faster DL and UL time but it doesn’t seem like it. But after fiddling w the stupid router, it’s back on

but the internet @50 is wack, I agree

• Ether
Reactions: B_A
when I was running 10, it felt quick, needed more to stream... 50 had a faster DL and UL time but it doesn’t seem like it. But after fiddling w the stupid router, it’s back on

but the internet @50 is wack, I agree
I've been told by gamers you need to 'clean out the power lines' by unplugging everything from each other and the wall and let sit for 10-20 seconds. They swear by that shit.

• Haha
Reactions: King Freeman
I cant imagine either, we bitch about how slow 300 is and wanna upgrade.

Yeah I usually upgrade the modem/service every 3 years or so. Started fiber last summer when my building got outfitted with it.

I've been told by gamers you need to 'clean out the power lines' by unplugging everything from each other and the wall and let sit for 10-20 seconds. They swear by that shit.

It really depends. If you not fiber and gaming you should be using a wired internet connection.

Also can't imagine plugging all my shit out to get these bullets off lmaooooo. God damn. I didn't realize the struggle was that real lol.

We can all agree that 50 is trash but the problem you described is most likely due to your router. Make sure that the MTU setting on it matches the one from your ISP now (usually 1492 or 1500).

An easy way to tell is to do a ping to like google.com or something in a terminal and see if you get a lot of dropped packets. 'ping google.com'

If you're not dropping packets your router may be just struggling but that's unlikely for a 50Mbs connection unless it's broken. Also be sure to do firmware updates on it if there are any.

• Goat
Reactions: VIBE and BDP™️
vibe don't y'allhave Cox out there?

We can all agree that 50 is trash but the problem you described is most likely due to your router. Make sure that the MTU setting on it matches the one from your ISP now (usually 1492 or 1500).

An easy way to tell is to do a ping to like google.com or something in a terminal and see if you get a lot of dropped packets. 'ping google.com'

If you're not dropping packets your router may be just struggling but that's unlikely for a 50Mbs connection unless it's broken. Also be sure to do firmware updates on it if there are any.
we was gonna get to that let us make fun of his poor ass wifi first bro shit....

respectfully