Welcome To aBlackWeb

Why is Kobe rated ahead of Duncan?

If you're a real basketball fan Kobe isn't rated higher. Lmao.

why should fans opinion be higher than the players that played against both?

And no this isn’t a players aren’t the greatest talent evaluators.

Evaluation of talent from afar in a suit, is not the same as playing against two people and saying who was better.

why should fans opinion be higher than the players that played against both?

And no this isn’t a players aren’t the greatest talent evaluators.

Evaluation of talent from afar in a suit, is not the same as playing against two people and saying who was better.

It's their opinion and like everyone they have a right to express it, not to mention I really like Barnes and Jackson's show alot but I honestly don't take their opinion on this subject serious because they are both heavily biased.

Jackson has openly shown he is biased of the Spurs and Pop due to how his stint with them both times didn't end the way he wanted it to. The guy has consistently talked out of both sides of his mouth when it comes to that organization. I respect that he openly gives his opinion on the team and some times even spoken highly of the organization but he has more times trashed the organization and tried to make himself out to be better than he was during his career to prove he was treated wrongly by that team.

Matt Barnes was a friend and former teammate of Kobe's so of course he is going to think more highly of him. Not to mention the man just died earlier this year.

I was jokingly posting what I stated on the subject but I definitely would take other good players who aren't as close to either of the players mentioned info more closely on this subject because at least it wouldn't be as biased. But honestly like you posted most good players (especially gifted physically or athletically) are bad at scouting talent because the game is easier for them due to their God given gifts.

Stats

Had Duncan ever led the league in a statistical category?

Look at the 02-03 championship Spurs roster and stats for him and his teammates and you will see why he won league and finals MVP. Funny enough that was the team Jackson was on. He carried that team to finals on his back......... oh yeah he beat the Lakers (lead the Spurs in every statistical category besides steals that series) in the 2nd round on his way to the championship also.

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
Look at the 02-03 championship Spurs roster and stats for him and his teammates and you will see why he won league and finals MVP. Funny enough that was the team Jackson was on. He carried that team to finals on his back......... oh yeah he beat the Lakers (lead the Spurs in every statistical category besides steals that series) in the 2nd round on his way to the championship also.

I understand all that

Just answering the question as it pertains to casual fans

Real ones know Timmy got stripes

It's their opinion and like everyone they have a right to express it, not to mention I really like Barnes and Jackson's show alot but I honestly don't take their opinion on this subject serious because they are both heavily biased.

Jackson has openly shown he is biased of the Spurs and Pop due to how his stint with them both times didn't end the way he wanted it to. The guy has consistently talked out of both sides of his mouth when it comes to that organization. I respect that he openly gives his opinion on the team and some times even spoken highly of the organization but he has more times trashed the organization and tried to make himself out to be better than he was during his career to prove he was treated wrongly by that team.

Matt Barnes was a friend and former teammate of Kobe's so of course he is going to think more highly of him. Not to mention the man just died earlier this year.

I was jokingly posting what I stated on the subject but I definitely would take other good players who aren't as close to either of the players mentioned info more closely on this subject because at least it wouldn't be as biased. But honestly like you posted most good players (especially gifted physically or athletically) are bad at scouting talent because the game is easier for them due to their God given gifts.

Yeah I know what kind of poster you are so I understood it was said in jest lol.

Although I know other places *real gm* that sentiment is like a serious take. Like if Kobe is top 5 or whatever on your list you're not some basketball aficionado and if he's in the 15th range you have a PhD in basketball and were knighted by Naismith himself.

It's just a question in general I have, outside of the Tim or whoever. Pre-death most of the players from that era that I've seen go on record have Kobe super high all time and/or the best from his era. It's just funny to me that fans can be flippant to the guys playing in the era.

The older I get the more ranking guys seem tedious. After MJ and Kareem, the next 10 or so is volatile and switches even for me all the time. Tiers probably would be easier but it's not as entertaining.

So all in all I feel no way if Tim is higher on someones list, it's just the idea that Kobe being high or over certain people is "blasphemous" or "uneducated" is crazy to me.

I understand all that

Just answering the question as it pertains to casual fans

Real ones know Timmy got stripes

Using just the regular counting stats and highlights without context or nuance is the reason a guy like Duncan will never get the respect he deserves. The guy never missed the playoffs his entire NBA career and was the lynchpin to the success of an entire organization. He voluntarily took a lesser offensive role to help his team be better. The man was willing to be coached for the betterment of his team.

The biggest misnomer (and not to the fault of Pop) is Tim wouldn't have won without Pop but that guy would've won at least 1 or 2 any place he went to. Bob Hill could've did just as good a job as Pop if Greg wouldn't have fired him the season Robinson got hurt. Pop would've been fired a few seasons in if the Spurs didn't get lucky in the lottery to get Tim. Lol. Pop knows that Tim made it easier for him and that's why he always makes it a point to say publicly without Tim we wouldn't have won anything.

Since Tim has retired you can see how hard it is for Pop dealing with the personalities on the roster.

Yeah I know what kind of poster you are so I understood it was said in jest lol.

Although I know other places *real gm* that sentiment is like a serious take. Like if Kobe is top 5 or whatever on your list you're not some basketball aficionado and if he's in the 15th range you have a PhD in basketball and were knighted by Naismith himself.

It's just a question in general I have, outside of the Tim or whoever. Pre-death most of the players from that era that I've seen go on record have Kobe super high all time and/or the best from his era. It's just funny to me that fans can be flippant to the guys playing in the era.

The older I get the more ranking guys seem tedious. After MJ and Kareem, the next 10 or so is volatile and switches even for me all the time. Tiers probably would be easier but it's not as entertaining.

So all in all I feel no way if Tim is higher on someones list, it's just the idea that Kobe being high or over certain people is "blasphemous" or "uneducated" is crazy to me.

I agree almost word for word with everything you typed. Lol.

Tiers make way more sense than actual top 10 or whatever in my opinion also. I also agree with the Jordan and Kareem assessment you posted. I never was an MJ fan but for me growing up the guy was the best player I've ever seen but I know the game well enough to say that if you're talking about the best overall BASKETBALL resume, then that belongs to Kareem hands down. Kareem doesn't get enough respect

I honestly wasn't a huge fan of Kobe but like Jordan I respected the hell out of him and never could honestly say he wasn't great! That guy was the closest to MJ I've ever seen and is definitely a top 10 or tier 1 player historically. I say that not just because of the stats he amassed but the way he carried teams and effected the outcome of games

Get tf outta here. End of the day niggas rate coach pop more than they rate Duncan. That's why niggas don't check for him like that.

He's the best PF of all time.

Kobe the better player tho.

Finals mvps vs the knicks, nets and pistons lol. Niggas got 4 of the weakest finals wins the last 21 years. Kawhi carried that nigga vs the heat. Call it what it is.

Mvps in 02 and 03. Yall remember what happened in 02 and 03?

Me neither.

Can't believe yall got me dragging my nigga over this.

Get tf outta here. End of the day niggas rate coach pop more than they rate Duncan. That's why niggas don't check for him like that.

He's the best PF of all time.

Kobe the better player tho.

Finals mvps vs the knicks, nets and pistons lol. Niggas got 4 of the weakest finals wins the last 21 years. Kawhi carried that nigga vs the heat. Call it what it is.

Mvps in 02 and 03. Yall remember what happened in 02 and 03?

Me neither.

Can't believe yall got me dragging my nigga over this.
U realize they played in the same era ....for him to get to those weak finals he had to come out of the Western conference

Its not like anyone says TD is trash.

And most of us have him in our top 10. Idk how he gets underrated.

Thousands of professional players over 70+ years, and he is recognized as one of the best 10 to ever play by most, and best 15 by all.

Saying Kobe is better is not disrespectful either. No one is saying some random mfer is better than TD. Some are just saying one of the best players ever is better than another one of the best players ever.

So what was Kobe's?.................. "riight"

You tell me.

Pacers
Sixers
Nets
Orlando
Celtics

The pacers match up was dope. Both teams were stacked.

Shaq dominated the sixers and nets. But A.I was bussing ass in those playoffs. Sixers were just as good on the season as the Lakers.

Orlando went through the defending champs and lebron to see the lakers in the finals. Kobe was just peak.

Celtics matchup best of em pound for pound obviously.

kobe-five-rings-chart-1jpeg.jpg

Now go ahead and lie to me about how trash some of these teams were besides the nets.

Back