Welcome To aBlackWeb

Why has the black community still been unable to rid itself of the deification of parents?

That is not true as I’ve seen African Americans talk about the black community online, to include black people worldwide. I believe you may be seeing things from your perspective and then generalising in inaccurate ways.

No Black person in America can speak on or for communities in other countries unless they happen to be from there originally. Therefore, the Black community we speak on is what we know: Here in America. I don't know what's going on in Panama, Honduras, Mexico, Russia, India, or the UK to speak on their communities outside of what is shown in the media. I don't know their histories outside of what I glean from articles online. I LIVE in the Black community here in America. I'm a part of it, I'm a product of it, as are the majority of the other members, so I can comfortably speak on it from this perspective.

This is not a generalization, this is how it is. You ain't gotta like it or accept it, but that doesn't change it.

We speak from our perspective.

That's one of the Black communities not the sole Black community.
When people say "black community" in the states, I always assumed they are just saying all blacks that currently live in the states. That includes blacks that moved here but not originally from here. "Community" usually means local or living in the same place.
If people want to include all those world wide, I have heard "black diaspora" .
Or they may pluralize the word to "black communities" to include all over.

When people say "black community" in the states, I always assumed they are just saying all blacks that currently live in the states. That includes blacks that moved here but not originally from here. "Community" usually means local or living in the same place.
If people want to include all those world wide, I have heard "black diaspora" .
Or they may pluralize the word to "black communities" to include all over.

I take it to mean that person talking about where they're from. That's why I said Black Americans are one Black community but not the entire Black community because there's communities of Black folks worldwide

I take it to mean that person talking about where they're from. That's why I said Black Americans are one Black community but not the entire Black community because there's communities of Black folks worldwide
I think we are saying the same thing. "Community" as being local to that person. I said "When people say "black community" in the states, I always assumed they are just saying all blacks that currently live in the states".

If im in another country and I see the phrase "black community", im thinking only the community in that country.

When they pluralize the phrase, that is when I think of worldwide

Back