Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Who You Got: Drake, Cole or Kendrick?

test

Did J.Cole Make The Right Decision?

• Yes

• Yes, but his stock still dropped

• No, he ducked the smoke

Results are only viewable after voting.
Real talk J. Cole ain’t dropping nothing hot till he link up with Dreamville again.

They the only ones that have Cole reaching for the power of Grayskull

My final thoughts on this beef (or at least this phase of it):

This was the jolt that hip hop needed. Shit been dead for a while... only a handful of albums charting in the top 10 throughout the year, scandals that implicate multiple ppl, rappers crashing out in interviews and social media, labels holding back on signing and investing in rappers. All this overshadowing the good music that did come out. I personally thought these songs were mid at best and I hated them based on the motivation of the beef. However, it kept the culture exciting and even spawned a viral moment we haven't seen since that Gangam Style dude... can't be mad at that at all. I'm not up to date with the entire chronology of the tracks, but I don't need to to know Drake got smoked. As usual, he was out of his element... but unlike other times where he could sing his way out and maintain his popularity, he underestimated the star power of someone who is leagues ahead of him creatively and more in tune with the culture even tho we don't see him much. Drake good, he just gotta either pull a Blueprint 2 and try to solidify his legacy with fans, or just move forward in general. I'm the furthest thing from a Drake fan, but them pedo accusations aren't flying for me. As far as Kendrick, he's the Adele of rap. Dude just pulls up, shakes the culture and dips out. When it's all said and done, these two are the Jay/Nas of this generation and this beef solidified it.

So did he let him wait in Drake’s room? I’m assuming so given the cctv pic. And I doubt he would have gotten fired for letting him in the lobby.

If he let him in Drake’s room, he deserved to get fired.
Imagine losing your well paying job cause you helped out a sentient booger that was actually where he was supposed to be….

Yeah sounds like a super villain origin story

Back