Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Who You Got: Drake, Cole or Kendrick?

test

Did J.Cole Make The Right Decision?

• Yes

• Yes, but his stock still dropped

• No, he ducked the smoke

Results are only viewable after voting.
The internet Stan accounts and new "hip hop nerds" are making a lot of this shit corny. If I see anotha muthafucka online trying to lecture people about knowing what hip hop is and rules and any other bullshit I'm gonna drive to 50 Cent's house and beg that nigga to release a 2024 How To Rob. I'm getting tired of so many random people trying to act holier than thou on rap shit. STFU nigga.

This doesn't apply to the people on this site but I know I can't be the only one that's looking sideways at a lot of the commentary on this beef. It feels like the majority of the people talking and pushing these theories are either casual rap fans or people that are just trying to ride the wave on what's hot right now.

And I'm not even trying to be a mean old nigga cause I'm only 35 but it really does feel like this is the first big beef of this new generation of rap and a lot of the people commentating on it sound out of their element. We're more online than ever before but the downside to that is niggas have entirely too much time to come up with too much shit.

There's really a Brooklyn Riddler terrorizing the timeline with Drake threats and niggas are chiming in like they got Drake and Kenny's numbers in their contacts. Like they can make a phone call and get to the bottom of it lololololololololololololol this shit is fucking silly man.

I swear when Em dropped Stan, I thought it was a great song and I knew that it would age well but I had no fucking idea that Stan culture would turn into what it is today. This is next level Stanning from all angles. Niggas can't even make a comment without it being vetted for Stannery first lolololololololololololol

A few observations from this regarding people here as well as people outside ABW.

1. I see so many people are invested in what is actually true vs gossip in this. A lot of y'all would be miserable watching actual battlerap then. The only things for the most part that are true is when these dudes say the government name of their opponent.

Everything else is fodder and boils down to who puts their disses together better in front of the crowd. These dudes call each other all kinds of pussies in their faces, barking on them and the whole 9 and it rarely ends in a physical altercation. Know why? Cause most of these dudes are actually cool outside of battlerap

2. Let's say modok is being truthful, again, if Drake is really on that kinda time, why wait until a battle with Kendrick to threaten action against him. You should've sent that shit to the authorities and got him outta here instead of posting tweets on some "I know something you don't" tip.

3. Lastly, this is the part of the show where random dudes are coming out talking about their involvement in all of this. Brah, I don't want read/hear that shit. You sound like you trying to get chose. If you was sitting on information, why you let the back and forth get to almost ten songs before saying something. Just enjoy the music like everyone else.

3. Lastly, this is the part of the show where random dudes are coming out talking about their involvement in all of this. Brah, I don't want read/hear that shit. You sound like you trying to get chose. If you was sitting on information, why you let the back and forth get to almost ten songs before saying something. Just enjoy the music like everyone else.

This is the part that I think the extremely online society we live in is heavily influencing.

At this point the music aspect of this shit is over. It’s been a week. Dissecting the songs and beef between Drake & Kendrick is one thing… but the other shit going on really needs its own thread.

This doesn't apply to the people on this site but I know I can't be the only one that's looking sideways at a lot of the commentary on this beef. It feels like the majority of the people talking and pushing these theories are either casual rap fans or people that are just trying to ride the wave on what's hot right now.

And I'm not even trying to be a mean old nigga cause I'm only 35 but it really does feel like this is the first big beef of this new generation of rap and a lot of the people commentating on it sound out of their element.

lol

And I'm not even trying to be a mean old nigga cause I'm only 35 but it really does feel like this is the first big beef of this new generation of rap and a lot of the people commentating on it sound out of their element. We're more online than ever before but the downside to that is niggas have entirely too much time to come up with too much shit.

There's really a Brooklyn Riddler terrorizing the timeline with Drake threats and niggas are chiming in like they got Drake and Kenny's numbers in their contacts. Like they can make a phone call and get to the bottom of it lololololololololololololol this shit is fucking silly man.

I swear when Em dropped Stan, I thought it was a great song and I knew that it would age well but I had no fucking idea that Stan culture would turn into what it is today. This is next level Stanning from all angles. Niggas can't even make a comment without it being vetted for Stannery first lolololololololololololol

In all honesty you just gonna have to get over a lot of this bruh. The internet gonna internet that’s just the way it is. It may feel amplified cuz of social media but you’d be fooling yourself if you think people weren’t on this kind of time 20 years ago during Ja vs 50 or Nas vs Jay. They just didn’t have a large enough platform to bullshit on.

At this point the music aspect of this shit is over. It’s been a week. Dissecting the songs and beef between Drake & Kendrick is one thing… but the other shit going on really needs its own thread.

The music aspect ain't over but the extra shit is getting more attention than the music and that's putting the music on the backburner.

Drake's next track will be dissected into oblivion. Niggas are going to turn into child psychologist and try to find out where Drake went wrong in his life as a child based off a bar.

You're gonna need a Kufi to digest Kenny's next song or you ain't Black. Democrats are going to start using Kenny's diss tracks as background music for their rally's and Kamala is gonna go on the Breakfast Club and tell us about how the Rolling 70's Oakland Bloods had an after school reading program that inspired her to pursue Law.

In all honesty you just gonna have to get over a lot of this bruh. The internet gonna internet that’s just the way it is. It may feel amplified cuz of social media but you’d be fooling yourself if you think people weren’t on this kind of time 20 years ago during Ja vs 50 or Nas vs Jay. They just didn’t have a large enough platform to bullshit on.

I don't disagree. Just pointing it out. It will start to die down once the people with short attention spans move on to the next wave.

Back