Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Who You Got: Drake, Cole or Kendrick?

test

Did J.Cole Make The Right Decision?

• Yes

• Yes, but his stock still dropped

• No, he ducked the smoke

Results are only viewable after voting.
I personally don't believe it was due to any subliminal shots I think kendrick just wants to be the proven lyrical authority out of all of them.

I'm not about to do an investigation though this isn't the mcu it's just niggas writing fancy bars.
The unconfirmed theory is that Drake and/or Cole wanted Kendrick on the song.

“Surprised you wanted that feature request/You know that we got some shit to address.”

And when he declined they sent some subliminals at him in retaliation.

Cole shouting them out but then in the next line saying that he was feeling like Muhammad Ali. Drake was more poignant saying that it was just him and Cole

“I'm like go on 'head, say it then, who the GOAT?/Who the GOAT? Who the GOAT?/Who the GOAT, who you bitches really rootin' for?/Like a kid that act bad from January to November, n***a, it's just you and Cole.”

And Kendrick came back with the response on Like That and now we're here.
Yeah I had found a thread saying as much and understood, thanks.

There was a thread a while back questioning the impact of Ether. I didn't comment there, but one thing I was gonna say was what took us all by surprise was how out of character it was for Nas. He stuck to the basics of battling, which is humiliating your opponent to the most basic and personal degree as well as displaying a superior level of rap skill. Nas wasn't seen as the confrontational type, so the bars hit that much harder. Doesn't take away from the impact of the actual disses... Jay was painted as a physically weak bottom feeder that needed to borrow from BIG's catalogue for a hit and made a love song with a 16 year old. Add that to the fact it was going against Takeover, a potent diss itself, plus set to a backdrop of a multi label war. And it wasn't these lyrical pillow fights these niggas is having now.... saying the wrong thing would get you beat the fuck up. So yeah, Nas has to put that African medallion shit on the backburner and get his clothes dirty. That's what I was raised off. This shit today... it's like I'm actually watching an episode of Euphoria, and I never even seen that show. If you were there when Beans called out Jada in New York I don't know how you could get jiggy with this shit.

There was a thread a while back questioning the impact of Ether. I didn't comment there, but one thing I was gonna say was what took us all by surprise was how out of character it was for Nas. He stuck to the basics of battling, which is humiliating your opponent to the most basic and personal degree as well as displaying a superior level of rap skill. Nas wasn't seen as the confrontational type, so the bars hit that much harder. Doesn't take away from the impact of the actual disses... Jay was painted as a physically weak bottom feeder that needed to borrow from BIG's catalogue for a hit and made a love song with a 16 year old. Add that to the fact it was going against Takeover, a potent diss itself, plus set to a backdrop of a multi label war. And it wasn't these lyrical pillow fights these niggas is having now.... saying the wrong thing would get you beat the fuck up. So yeah, Nas has to put that African medallion shit on the backburner and get his clothes dirty. That's what I was raised off. This shit today... it's like I'm actually watching an episode of Euphoria, and I never even seen that show. If you were there when Beans called out Jada in New York I don't know how you could get jiggy with this shit.
Nah Nas was sending subs early on then was bussing back when the beef was on which culminated in Ether

The impact of Ether for me is that a lot of the shit Nas spit was real hence Jay s reaction and them blaming Jaz Onfornsupposedly giving Nas info on Jay

Nah Nas was sending subs early on then was bussing back when the beef was on which culminated in Ether

The impact of Ether for me is that a lot of the shit Nas spit was real hence Jay s reaction and them blaming Jaz Onfornsupposedly giving Nas info on Jay
I remember the subs, but it wasn't "I'll still whip your ass, you 36 in a karate class?". They been shootin at each other since '97 at the latest, but they eventually took the gloves off.

"Are you finally ready to play 'Have You Ever"?"

d5hktzs5w6z91.gif

Back