Welcome To aBlackWeb

Who Was The Second Best Rapper On Rocafella Records?

Cam then Beans

I put Cam first because he made some hit singles. Beans was dope, but I don't remember him making any hits.

I can see this being true, especially since Cam wrote a bunch of stuff for Kanye.

...Sauce Money. Niggas forget he was part of the click before the Roc was a name...
Otherwise Beans and Bleek

"Beanie got more classics than Jay" - KING DU

tenor.gif

Beans has a solid catalog and he can rap his ass off.

But he's not in the same league as Hov.

Hov has hit singles that you could play at a party/club. You could play Jay-Z songs for an hour straight and the dance floor would be packed the whole time. Can't say the same for Beans.

Beans has a solid catalog and he can rap his ass off.

But he's not in the same league as Hov.

Hov has hit singles that you could play at a party/club. You could play Jay-Z songs for an hour straight and the dance floor would be packed the whole time. Can't say the same for Beans.

What you saying is true but was having hit singles that can be played at a party/club and keep the dance floor packed for an hour the goal of Beans?

That may have been one of things Jay-Z was shooting for and quite possible Beans never gave a fuck about any of that type of shit.

I don't judge folks based off shit like that. Everybody career goals in how and why they make songs ain't the same.

Last edited:
What you saying is true but was having hit singles that can be played at a party/club and keep the dance floor packed for an hour the goal of Beans?

That may have been one of things Jay-Z was shooting for and quite possible Beans never gave a fuck about any of that type of shit.

I don't judge folks based off shit like that. Everybody career goals in how and why they make songs ain't the same.

You have a point and you might be right. Maybe Beans never wanted to have hit songs on the radio and in the club. But if that's the case, why be a rapper in the first place?

I mean if you're going to take a $100k advance from your label to be recouped via record sales and live shows it only makes sense to make two or three hit singles per album. I'm not saying Beans should have put on a shiny suit and sampled hits from the 80s, but thats why I'm saying he's not in the same league as Jay.

Jay was more than just a nice MC.

how's it disrespect? no one's claiming that beans is wack. just that he doesn't have much versatility in his catalog.

The fact that niggas actually named Bleek is disrespect. I could see some folks naming Cam even though I would wholeheartedly disagree.

He don't need versatility his shit great to me just the way it was. Too many folks try to be versatile and wind up fucking up what they were great at. Beans didn't and that is a credit to him sticking to what he knows and does best.

The fact that niggas actually named Bleek is disrespect. I could see some folks naming Cam even though I would wholeheartedly disagree.

He don't need versatility his shit great to me just the way it was. Too many folks try to be versatile and wind up fucking up what they were great at. Beans didn't and that is a credit to him sticking to what he knows and does best.
Don't diss Bleek to big up Beans... Bleek had 2 and to some 3 tough albums... how many can say that and got the buying support to back it and he had quite a few good features. Beans may be over him but it ain't like he completely overshadowed him.

Don't diss Bleek to big up Beans... Bleek had 2 and to some 3 tough albums... how many can say that and got the buying support to back it and he had quite a few good features. Beans may be over him but it ain't like he completely overshadowed him.

Its not a diss to Bleek

Back