Who Was The Second Best Rapper On Rocafella Records?

1476204991_531e079c161f2061028204112fd872d9.png

I think the ROC had a couple possible candidates... Bleek gets clowned on, but had a couple classic albums imo 'MADE' was the schitt and one of the best album they put out... Cam had 'CHWM', Beans got classic tracks too... The label had real hitters thinking about it... Shame it fell apart...

Yo, thinking about what a team Beans and Face made, and Jay even as a trio...

Imagine if Face had signed with The ROC and had Ye produce a whole album...

I think the ROC had a couple possible candidates... Bleek gets clowned on, but had a couple classic albums imo 'MADE' was the schitt and one of the best album they put out... Cam had 'CHWM', Beans got classic tracks too... The label had real hitters thinking about it... Shame it fell apart...
I’m split on this because on one hand Jay Z had to get away from Dame, but on the other hand he let them white folks get in his ear. Otherwise Roc a Fella Records should still be a thriving record company.

Reactions: Word....Life
I’m split on this because on one hand Jay Z had to get away from Dame, but on the other hand he let them white folks get in his ear. Otherwise Roc a Fella Records should still be a thriving record company.

Dame must be fckn hard to work with though lol... Jay went on to thrive though, wasnt it LA Reid make him president of Def Jam???

Dame was spending money like it grew on trees too wasnt he??? Which I think worried Jay, because I think Jay knew 'IT', it being the label i.e clothing line, cd sells etc wernt gonna last for ever, so he knew he needed to break loose and move wisely... What has Dame been really successful at since The ROC, he hasnt adapted has he??? Partly because I think dude is too stubborn and burnt bridges... Its shame, because I think Dame really did make Jay and The ROC and is real a clever dude...

What label like The ROC is still thriving like 90's or 00's??? Not many, Hip Hop changed (unfortunately) Jay used his and Beyonce's brand to stay alive... The kinda label that ROC and Murda Inc had arnt the kind or artists that Aftermath and ROC Nation have are they??? Puff is Puff, what does Bad Boy even still put out music??? I think Puff adapted well, but has the luxury of dining out on BIG and that nostalgia...

Dame must be fckn hard to work with though lol... Jay went on to thrive though, wasnt it LA Reid make him president of Def Jam???

Dame was spending money like it grew on trees too wasnt he??? Which I think worried Jay, because I think Jay knew 'IT', it being the label i.e clothing line, cd sells etc wernt gonna last for ever, so he knew he needed to break loose and move wisely... What has Dame been really successful at since The ROC, he hasnt adapted has he??? Partly because I think dude is too stubborn and burnt bridges... Its shame, because I think Dame really did make Jay and The ROC and is real a clever dude...

What label like The ROC is still thriving like 90's or 00's??? Not many, Hip Hop changed (unfortunately) Jay used his and Beyonce's brand to stay alive... The kinda label that ROC and Murda Inc had arnt the kind or artists that Aftermath and ROC Nation have are they??? Puff is Puff, what does Bad Boy even still put out music??? I think Puff adapted well, but has the luxury of dining out on BIG and that nostalgia...
Dame was spending money like it was going out of style. Ringing up tabs on Roc a Fella’s dime. But imo Jay let them white folks drive the wedge that was already there and convinced him to separate from Dame and breaking up the Roc.

Dame was spending money like it was going out of style. Ringing up tabs on Roc a Fella’s dime. But imo Jay let them white folks drive the wedge that was already there and convinced him to separate from Dame and breaking up the Roc.

Which white folks though??? Elaborate for me, as its all hazy for me now, as Ive heard so many different stories over the years... I think Lyor offered to buy them out and make Jay the boss right??? But Jay stood by Dame and turned it down???

If Dame had carried on shooting budget movies, firing people and spending money without Jay's input they would of prolly gone broke and been another hip hop sob story...

I Jay think wanted a more business input rather than just being 'the rapper', but that kinda isolated Dame and his ego... LA Reid, Kevin Liles all had Jay's ear to my knowledge and supported him, plus I always thought Lyor as a massive contributor to the 'commercial' success of hip hop...

Which white folks though??? Elaborate for me, as its all hazy for me now, as Ive heard so many different stories over the years... I think Lyor offered to buy them out and make Jay the boss right??? But Jay stood by Dame and turned it down???

If Dame had carried on shooting budget movies, firing people and spending money without Jay's input they would of prolly gone broke and been another hip hop sob story...

I Jay think wanted a more business input rather than just being 'the rapper', but that kinda isolated Dame and his ego... LA Reid, Kevin Liles all had Jay's ear to my knowledge and supported him, plus I always thought Lyor as a massive contributor to the 'commercial' success of hip hop...
The white folks behind the scenes at Def Jam. Remember that Infamous video of Dame showing up at the Black Album budget meeting, remember the fat white jew that Dame was barking on? He was a big part of driving the wedge between them. This is out of Dame’s own mouth.

The white folks behind the scenes at Def Jam. Remember that Infamous video of Dame showing up at the Black Album budget meeting, remember the fat white jew that Dame was barking on? He was a big part of driving the wedge between them. This is out of Dame’s own mouth.

This one??? I think Dame was already out the door by then and Jay had made his deciton move on and that wanted to be his own mogul and brand with Beyonce...

I get Dame being pissed, but TBH I think Jay knew he had to be his own boss *no dame pun* as he was already thinking what he was gonna do AFTER rap as he was already thinking/talking about retiring, hence 'Black Album' was suppose to be his last... I think this was when the new wave of pop rappers started coming through too and pure hip hop labels like ROC had run their course, so him being under Dame and Dame talking reckless and being 'Dame's artist' was over... In Jay's case, I think the counsel he sort paid off, it left Dame in the cold, but Dame isolates himself alot of the time imo... Jay took his loyal people and the people who wanted to come with him didnt??? Bleek, Tata and Emory etc...

This one??? I think Dame was already out the door by then and Jay had made his deciton move on and that wanted to be his own mogul and brand with Beyonce...

I get Dame being pissed, but TBH I think Jay knew he had to be his own boss *no dame pun* as he was already thinking what he was gonna do AFTER rap as he was already thinking/talking about retiring, hence 'Black Album' was suppose to be his last... I think this was when the new wave of pop rappers started coming through too and pure hip hop labels like ROC had run their course, so him being under Dame and Dame talking reckless and being 'Dame's artist' was over... In Jay's case, I think the counsel he sort paid off, it left Dame in the cold, but Dame isolates himself alot of the time imo... Jay took his loyal people and the people who wanted to come with him didnt??? Bleek, Tata and Emory etc...

Dame was still in the picture they just kept him in the dark about what was about to happen.

Dame was still in the picture they just kept him in the dark about what was about to happen.

Jay wanted to the leader by then though, he was Beyonce I bet his had plans... Emory, Tata, Bee High all run their own departments in Roc Nation to my knowledge, I think Jay took care of his people who want to ride with him...

Reactions: RozayTabernacle
Jay wanted to the leader by then though, he was Beyonce I bet his had plans... Emory, Tata, Bee High all run their own departments in Roc Nation to my knowledge, I think Jay took care of his people who want to ride with him...
But that was quite selfish of him considering there were other people involved. At least Jay owned up to this somewhat.

But that was quite selfish of him considering there were other people involved. At least Jay owned up to this somewhat.

Theres only room for one king though, so they split... By the fact he took those that wanted to move with him and took care of people that went away and came home, like Emory shows loyalty... Dame didnt leave broke did he??? Dame seemed stuck in the past and made bad business ventures while Jay grew and took advice... Dames that dude though...

Theres only room for one king though, so they split... By the fact he took those that wanted to move with him and took care of people that went away and came home, like Emory shows loyalty... Dame didnt leave broke did he??? Dame seemed stuck in the past and made bad business ventures while Jay grew and took advice... Dames that dude though...
That’s besides the point. How would you react if someone took something from you that you helped build? Exactly. Things should’ve been handled better

That’s besides the point. How would you react if someone took something from you that you helped build? Exactly. Things should’ve been handled better

It wasnt taken though, it was sold and he got a fat cheque right??? Biggs said the plan was for them to sell it since 1997 at 'The Breakfast Club'...

It wasnt taken though, it was sold and he got a fat cheque right??? Biggs said the plan was for them to sell it since 1997 at 'The Breakfast Club'...

Yes it was taken, not when only 1 person was plotting while everybody else was in the dark. If they discussed things ahead of times and amicably decided to split and sell the Roc then cool.