Welcome To aBlackWeb

Who remembers that FIRST check?

How old were some of you when y'all got your first check, niggas buying some expensive ass stuff right away

Last edited:
Lol I don't remember how much before or after but I do remember a similar reaction. I was like wtf why they taking so much
Welcome to the world lol

How come you don't lol

I remember practically everything from high school

I was so excited my first day pushing buggies LMAO. I was determined to be best buggy pusher in history.

Then summer hit. I used to hide in the bathrooms until they called for a buggy run like 5x.

I was like I'm tired of asking my mama to buy me shit. I'ma buy everything!!!

That lasted all of one check
Guess it wasn’t important enough for me to remember.

How old were some of you when y'all got your first check, niggas buying some expensive ass stuff right away

16, working in a warehouse with some miserable adults that I could tell had been there for years. I remember it vividly.

Old head that looked like afro thunder trained me on their scanning and stocking procedures.

maybe less than 175 working at subway, i wasnt mad though. that shit was lightwork...making subs but 75% of the time i worked in the back making the bread, cutting veggies or just doing nothing while someone else was in the front messing with customers

150 dollars working on a golf course collecting balls. Blew it under 2 hrs of cashing it on WrestleMania game on the GameCube for 60 dollars, Celtics Jersey, and 20 dollars at Kroger on chips, cheese popcorn, and candy. I felt like a grown man paying for my shit too.

I was 15, I ain't buy shit but a video game magazine, and put the rest in for getting my driver's permit

16 first official job. Worked at my Granddad's carwash a few summers since i was 9. Got paid like a buck a car just to clean the rims and tires, and was making more then. Damn FICA

Back