Welcome To aBlackWeb

Who Ran Hip Hop In 1998

Who Ran Hip Hop In 1998

• Total voters
Most people here know that I’m a huge 2Pac and DMX guy, but I gotta be honest here. Yes, DMX burst on the scene with ‘It’s Dark And Hell Is Hot’, but the following year is when he really had the game on lock. For 1998 it was......

300px-Nolimit.jpg

From the end of 1997 to the end of 1998, the following joints dropped.....

Tru_2_da_Game.jpg

Mystikal_-_Unpredictable_%28Mystikal_album%29.jpg

My_Balls_and_My_Word.jpg

ChargeIt2DaGame98.jpg

Life_or_Death.jpg

Theres_One_in_Every_Family.jpg

MP.Da.Last.Don_200x195.jpg

These are all certified hood classics....and there were actually more No Limit albums dropped in 1998.

As much as I’m rolling with DMX, the simple truth is that Master P and No Limit were on top of the world in 1998.

DMX

Im a southern boy to the heart

But DMX had 1998 hands down. X was everywhere...

We even fucked with X down here in Alabama

Yea, i think niggas forget or don't know how big hard knock life was at the time. DMX was on the Hard Knock Life tour for a reason. I'll still say DMX was MVP off the strength of 2 classics in one year, but Jigga had the biggest album of the 2.

Yea, i think niggas forget or don't know how big hard knock life was at the time. DMX was on the Hard Knock Life tour for a reason. I'll still say DMX was MVP off the strength of 2 classics in one year, but Jigga had the biggest album of the 2.

C/S. Plus he had the joint off the Rush Hour Soundtrack that put Ja Rule on the map.

Niggas wildn if they think Jay wasn't as big as X in 98.

Back