WHO in the Phugg....

I would consider giving my kid a ghetto name just to upset and confound the opposing expectation ironically as they turn out to be outstanding citizens.

think what you want injun joe. African Americans the only ones that use those suffixes and it’s easy to Id us. I view it as part of culture do we not make our own culture? It’s valid to me and folks that do it. My daughter name Arabic. I would like for us to have our own unique names. I dont feel shame when somebody says Jontae Smith I know that’s African American.

The same conversation is gonna be had whenever the topic comes up again Chief

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser - Socrates

Reactions: onetoughmiracle
again you start with the insults and i respond. We don’t have debates it’s literally recycled conversation. Didn’t think you were so sensitive

I didn't start with the insults; you did.

Fact is I want better for my people and doing better means making better decisions and thinking things through, this includes naming a child. You would have the people languish in poverty making excuses for their shitty decisions and blaming the white man for shitty outcomes based around things that were 100% in their control (i.e. the name of their child).

I didn't start with the insults; you did.

Fact is I want better for my people and doing better means making better decisions and thinking things through, this includes naming a child. You would have the people languish in poverty making excuses for their shitty decisions and blaming the white man for shitty outcomes based around things that were 100% in their control (i.e. the name of their child).

when you call someone dense that is an insult. I didn’t call you a coon. Also that whole Dos-esque rant is played out. Being more open minded does not mean I’m believe in asking for handouts and blaming white people for everything. I don’t believe in throwing my people in the trash to create some sort of fake progress.

the bigger problem about the name thing is they don’t like names that sound black so y’all say if you name you kid Montavious Dexter you can’t be mad he won’t get a job or he might rob a store. But why is a black bake or ghetto name up for scrutiny in the first place? You old enough to know why. But you on the go along to get along bs. And disguise as “we gotta do better “

when you call someone dense that is an insult. I didn’t call you a coon. Also that whole Dos-esque rant is played out. Being more open minded does not mean I’m believe in asking for handouts and blaming white people for everything. I don’t believe in throwing my people in the trash to create some sort of fake progress.

the bigger problem about the name thing is they don’t like names that sound black so y’all say if you name you kid Montavious Dexter you can’t be mad he won’t get a job or he might rob a store. But why is a black bake or ghetto name up for scrutiny in the first place? You old enough to know why. But you on the go along to get along bs. And disguise as “we gotta do better “

You're still being dense.

Those names don't "sound black", they sound like nonsense, which is precisely what they are: Nonsense.

You're not being "open minded", you're being "willfully ignorant". A Black child with a name rooted in their ancestry has a better chance at success than a Black child with a name rooted in nothing. You advocate for laziness, even on something so basic, and that's something I just can't fuck with.