Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Who Can Lead Hiphop?

Sony Montana

Core Four
Mod Squad
This is a follow up to the Rappers You Listen To Thread

Here’s a list of the rappers you guys say you listen to who came out in 2017 and beyond:

Chris Crack
Babyface Ray
Keem
21 Savage
Kenny Mason
JID
Lil Baby
Symba
MoneyBagg Yo
42 Dugg
Kodak Black
Duke Duece
EST Gee
Stove God Cooks
Redveil
Coast Contra
EarthGang
Westside Gunn
Benny the Butcher
Chris Crack
Deante Hitchcock
Flee Lord
Eto
Dave East
Elcamino
Crimeapple
Dave East
Grind 2 hard osha
Gunna

My follow up question is:

From this list what rappers can you be confident in to possibly be at the forefront of the genre in 2-3 years?

This list is chock full of underground artists and 40 year olds (or both!) so good luck

Last edited:
Lol aint them Griselda niggas already in their 40s?

From that list I would say JID and 21
Keem is gonna get the nepotism stardom
Earthgang still got potential

Why does anyone need to 'lead' HipHop?

The cream will always rise to the top...

This rap shit a young mans game and I'm 100% certain you ain't listened to music from all those musicians you posted in the OP...

Just worry about music that appeals to you... HipHop might go underground again... But that don't mean it's dead
Hiphop not being mainstream will make artists shift into making a new sound/genre

you gonna have to go to a hall in the wall spot with a secret basement to listen to griselda in 5 years

Also your response comes across as it being a preference thing from me when that’s not the angle I’m coming from.

Star power and Hiphop as an art form is dying and good music in a mainstream arena is what my angle is

Last edited:
This is a follow up to the Rappers You Listen To Thread

Here’s a list of the rappers you guys say you listen to who came out in 2017 and beyond:

Chris Crack
Babyface Ray
Keem
21 Savage
Kenny Mason
JID
Lil Baby
Symba
MoneyBagg Yo
42 Dugg
Kodak Black
Duke Duece
EST Gee
Stove God Cooks
Redveil
Coast Contra
EarthGang
Westside Gunn
Benny the Butcher
Chris Crack
Deante Hitchcock
Flee Lord
Eto
Dave East
Elcamino
Crimeapple
Dave East
Grind 2 hard osha
Gunna

My follow up question is:

From this list what rappers can you be confident in to possibly be at the forefront of the genre in 2-3 years?

This list is chock full of underground artists and 40 year olds (or both!) so good luck

The real answer..............

Grandmaster-Melle-Mel.jpg

Hiphop not being mainstream will make artists shift into making a new sound/genre

you gonna have to go to a hall in the wall spot with a secret basement to listen to griselda in 5 years

Also your response comes across as it being a preference thing from me when that’s not the angle I’m coming from.

Star power and Hiphop as an art form is dying and good music in a mainstream arena is what my angle is

Like I said it's an age thing... I've had my fill let this current generation (music producers and listener's/consumers) sort themselves out

Like I said it's an age thing... I've had my fill let this current generation (music producers and listener's/consumers) sort themselves out
And then I will say the kids will usher in a new genre and Hiphop will fall to the wayside

Nobody is a emcee, breakdances, does graffiti, DJs forreal or beatboxes anymore as it is lol

Couple everything I said with older acts and figures naturally passing away and yeah…it was a good run

Nobody really has answered the thread question outside of like 1 person btw

JID is this generation’s Kanye/Drake apparently

Yikes

And then I will say the kids will usher in a new genre and Hiphop will fall to the wayside

Nobody is a emcee, breakdances, does graffiti, DJs forreal or beatboxes anymore as it is lol

Couple everything I said with older acts and figures naturally passing away and yeah…it was a good run

A new genre like drill huh ... As far as these niggaz is rapping or sing-rapping it's still considered HipHop bro ...

And you're speculating because you can't predict nothing in this music business

A new genre like drill huh ... As far as these niggaz is rapping or sing-rapping it's still considered HipHop bro ...

And you're speculating because you can't predict nothing in this music business

Drill a sub genre so slightly diff but I get your point

Speculation based on a trend im noticing yes

But ppl act like it’s impossible and disregard my warnings

That’s my beef lol

Back