From what I can tell, the hierarchy of patriarchy is:

A few men
Many women
Many men
A few women

In that order.

smh....you gotta define "benefit"

these "social" ideas vary from person to person anyway

there are still people male and female that desire what some people call old fashioned, outdated, unfair, etc

the only time anyone can benefit more in that situation is if the other didnt really want that situation to begin with, which was kinda on them to make known from the beginning

Reactions: deadeye
smh....you gotta define "benefit"

these "social" ideas vary from person to person anyway

there are still people male and female that desire what some people call old fashioned, outdated, unfair, etc

the only time anyone can benefit more in that situation is if the other didnt really want that situation to begin with, which was kinda on them to make known from the beginning
Benefit as in access to freedom, justice, equality, life, and happiness.

The few men at the top benefit differently than everyone else because they have the most access to all of those things.

On some real shit, feminism is an asset to patriarchy because it keeps most men from achieving and replacing the men at the top. And in return, those women reap the benefits of things like chivalry, men providing and protecting, etc.

Patriarchy, matriarchy....I really wish would chill with all this shit...

Look.....I remember being in the 12th grade and I had this History teacher....he broke it down like this....the words, "all men are created equal" were uttered influential white men to serve influential white man....end of story.

The few men at the top benefit differently than everyone else because they have the most access to all of those things.

On some real shit, feminism is an asset to patriarchy because it keeps most men from achieving and replacing the men at the top. And in return, those women reap the benefits of things like chivalry, men providing and protecting, etc.
I think you might have this wrong...
I don't those type women want to feel they need protecting.

are we talking modern times?

the men at the top of things arent just there because they're men anymore....its more to do with money (which I understand may have been accumulated through some inequalities in the past)

today any person, no matter the gender, can have the same level of all of those things, so long as they have the money to do so....bringing race in changes a few of those

I guess I was just looking at this shit as family structure and not society as a whole

but like Dos mentioned, I highly doubt the headers of the feminist movement are working towards a chance at being kept women....thats kinda their whole fight

I think you might have this wrong...
I don't those type women want to feel they need protecting.

are we talking modern times?

the men at the top of things arent just there because they're men anymore....its more to do with money (which I understand may have been accumulated through some inequalities in the past)

today any person, no matter the gender, can have the same level of all of those things, so long as they have the money to do so....bringing race in changes a few of those

I guess I was just looking at this shit as family structure and not society as a whole

but like Dos mentioned, I highly doubt the headers of the feminist movement are working towards a chance at being kept women....thats kinda their whole fight
I definitely think they, and by they I mean white women, do.

Gays play a role in it too but it's not lost on me that the most influential voices in feminist circles are already married, wealthy, gay, or in some position wherein they no longer have to search for a man to provide for them. But there they are, telling women in less fortunate positions how much better they are than men who are in the same financial boat as they are.

It's like how Republicans stay in power by telling poor white people they are better than poor black and brown people.

How does feminism keep most men from achieving?

I definitely think they, and by they I mean white women, do.

Gays play a role in it too but it's not lost on me that the most influential voices in feminist circles are already married, wealthy, gay, or in some position wherein they no longer have to search for a man to provide for them. But there they are, telling women in less fortunate positions how much better they are than men who are in the same financial boat as they are.

It's like how Republicans stay in power by telling poor white people they are better than poor black and brown people.
This needs to be looked into

Men benefit from patriarchy its in the name. A patriarchy society looks for men to lead even the lowest of men is looked at to lead his family and be the head. Does that create pressure well of course. But men dont want to be under a matriarchy. Women dont even want to be ruled by women.

Men benefit from patriarchy its in the name. A patriarchy society looks for men to lead even the lowest of men is looked at to lead his family and be the head. Does that create pressure well of course. But men dont want to be under a matriarchy. Women dont even want to be ruled by women.
Bout time you made sense...
Only took yousix months

How does feminism keep most men from achieving?
From a social perspective. First wave feminism was one thing concerning legal property rights.

But 2nd through 4th waves have done alot to break down the dynamic between the sexes. It got women out of the home and into the workforce to such a degree that men who would otherwise have a much easier time finding a job and thus finding a woman to provide for is seen as disposable competition instead of a potential husband

Obviously this isn't universally applicable to every single man or woman but it's a pretty common occurance in lower and middle classes. I haven't seen an upper class woman cry "where all the good men at?" yet.

Hell no they don't. They told Hilary to go fuck herself twice.

When we gonna get different waves for being a real nigga

I am one of those people that believes patriarchy means nothing more than the father is the head of the family. If ur not in the family it doesn’t apply to u.

Family is a microcosm of society.

Family looks completely different than society nowadays. Gay couples raising kids, single parents, and extended families. So society should be not oppressive. Families do what is necessary to survive. Societies destroy themselves.

This is not a worthwhile question. It's not that it isn't interesting, it's just unanswerable and really divisive. People get vexed trying to calculate who is getting the most benefit in society when the fact of the matter is that people are benefitted in different ways at different times. Patriarchy is alright if you're a young, good-looking woman who can get some rich dude to pay for everything for you. Patriarchy is wack if you're a single working class schmoe who has his entire life dominated by rich men. There are all kinds of examples we can bring up, but this question is not really something we can fully answer and then men and women on both sides of the aisle just get mad at each other.