Welcome To aBlackWeb

Who Are Other Celebs...

People thought I was clowning in a past thread when I said she was one of my favorite celebs but shes great bruh. Watching any clip or tv show involving her usually raises my mood.

I ain't gonna call you a bitch ass nigga. It would be disrespectful.

If lupe, jeezy or wayne died it would really fuck me up...not because there the greatest but because they were such big parts of my hs and college years.

Kobe fucked me all up because of just that...not because i was a fan but when they played his highlight packages i can remember where i was for nearly all of it.

Cam newton and kemba walker would fuck me up bad too...being from charlotte i followed nearly every parts of their career.

""Stranger"" or not, I've personally learned a long time ago, (Big L's murdered messed my young mind up something terrible) NOT to make lite or be dismissive of the affect a celebrity's death has on those who supported,admired,influenced, or was inspired by them..particularly if it's tragic and unexpected like Kobe's.

As of now, if anything tragic were to happen to DJ Premier or Pete Rock. I already have in my mind, in spending that week in the house just blasting their production, more than I already do.

I see many others listed here, that would definitely sadden me. Not because I'm a super fan or admirer of theirs, but I understand the affect they've had on countless people

Idk but no other death has hit me as hard as this. its unlikely anywill.. but Pac/Michael Jackson were big
Before the events of this week the last person I felt this way about was Stuart Scott. Growing up every morning getting ready for school watching that morning sportscenter with him and I think Rich Eisen, I thought that dude was the coolest guy on tv

""Stranger"" or not, I've personally learned a long time ago, (Big L's murdered messed my young mind up something terrible) NOT to make lite or be dismissive of the affect a celebrity's death has on those who supported,admired,influenced, or was inspired by them..particularly if it's tragic and unexpected like Kobe's.
No one is trying to be "tough tonys" as you said. There are some people that are famous that do motivate me. But they were never in my life. Never raised me. Never helped me with my troubles. There are some family members that I may have met once or twice in my life. If they passed, it wouldn't affect me that hard. Now if my parents passed, I'm crying. Cried when my grandparents died. These people raised me and influenced me. "Personal connection" is what I had with them. I have no "Personal connection" to these celebs. How many people looked up to R kelly? On camera, he helped people and inspires others. But off camera, he is a pedo. That is why I can't be emotional invested to people I don't know. I always been like that. I'm not saying "I don't care if this famous person passed". A best they get a " r.i.p," or "that is messes up. Gonna miss there future work. My condolences to the family".

Y'all in here fake mourning the living. This is backwards af!!! Gotdaaaamn!!!

We got enough to mourn about already.

Why don't y'all go to their social media pages and tell them?! Give them that good energy instead of pretending their already gone.

No one is trying to be "tough tonys" as you said. There are some people that are famous that do motivate me. But they were never in my life. Never raised me. Never helped me with my troubles. There are some family members that I may have met once or twice in my life. If they passed, it wouldn't affect me that hard. Now if my parents passed, I'm crying. Cried when my grandparents died. These people raised me and influenced me. "Personal connection" is what I had with them. I have no "Personal connection" to these celebs. How many people looked up to R kelly? On camera, he helped people and inspires others. But off camera, he is a pedo. That is why I can't be emotional invested to people I don't know. I always been like that. I'm not saying "I don't care if this famous person passed". A best they get a " r.i.p," or "that is messes up. Gonna miss there future work. My condolences to the family".

The irony in your post is you perfectly explained why people take ""celebrities"" death so hard. Basically you named conditions. What they did FOR YOU.
How they made YOU feel. How they influenced and inspired YOU.
Joy,inspiration, etc.etc. Rather it be through their music,sportsmanship,entertainment,business expertise, just being a family man (like Kobe was)

A person does not have to ""personally"" know someone for them to invoke these powerful emotions in them.

R.Kelly is the an great explain, that YES, people,specifically celebrities are loved and admired under conditions, that goes beyond just talent and skill. We have heard and see enough of Kelly's personally life, which is so abhorrent it invokes repugnance, so much so it offset any joy you may have had of his music. A celeb does not have to be a perfect Saint in their personal life , but outside their talent and skill, they HAVE to have SOME redeemable qualities.

E.g. To many people Kobe wasn't just a basketball player and Nipsey wasn't just a rapper

The irony in your post is you perfectly explained why people take ""celebrities"" death so hard. Basically you named conditions. What they did FOR YOU.
How they made YOU feel. How they influenced and inspired YOU.
Joy,inspiration, etc.etc. Rather it be through their music,sportsmanship,entertainment,business expertise, just being a family man (like Kobe was)

A person does not have to ""personally"" know someone for them to invoke these powerful emotions in them.
I get it. I'm just saying they don't have that type of power over me. I naturally don't trust people until I get to know them. Until they earn my trust and respect. Then I open up. So I respect many but have no emotional ties to them since I don't know them as a person. To each is own. Don't know how that can be seen as trying to be "tough" or "cold hearted".

Stuart Scott is the only celebrity death that brought me to tears besides Kobe and Gigi.

I really can't say I know how I'll react to anyone's death because it's so unpredictable how I've reacted and felt even with people I know and love.

Last edited:
Back