Welcome To aBlackWeb

Correct talk to the republican

But weak words for the democrat. Why? Both displayed anti-Blackness Jemele hill. Why not have the same energy?

View attachment 1054305

We have no allies

Anti trump doesn't mean pro black

Saying we have no allies is stupid and demonstrably wrong (unless you're talking about groups and not individuals). There have been nonblacks in the trenches fighting and, in some cases, dying with black people through every major struggle.

The problem isn't that there are no allies. The problem is who we prop up as symbols of our allies. A white person isn't an ally just because they sometimes say nice things about black people or moderately support black causes from time to time. Keith Olbermann is a performance artist, so why would anyone take seriously any stance he takes publicly anyway?

Saying we have no allies is stupid and demonstrably wrong (unless you're talking about groups and not individuals). There have been nonblacks in the trenches fighting and, in some cases, dying with black people through every major struggle.

The problem isn't that there are no allies. The problem is who we prop up as symbols of our allies. A white person isn't an ally just because they sometimes say nice things about black people or moderately support black causes from time to time. Keith Olbermann is a performance artist, so why would anyone take seriously any stance he takes publicly anyway?
🙄 Here you go, doing what you do...

You know exactly what i mean

🙄 Here you go, doing what you do...

You know exactly what i mean

Nah, I don't know what you mean.

I generally agree with the bulk of what you say, but you always take things to a degree that's just wrong.

If you're saying that we need to stop being so quick to label people allies or that we don't have nearly as many allies as we think we do, then I agree with you fully.

If you are literally saying we don't have any allies, which I wouldn't put past you, then you're just wrong.

Nah, I don't know what you mean.

I generally agree with the bulk of what you say, but you always take things to a degree that's just wrong.

If you're saying that we need to stop being so quick to label people allies or that we don't have nearly as many allies as we think we do, then I agree with you fully.

If you are literally saying we don't have any allies, which I wouldn't put past you, then you're just wrong.
You lend so much cape to them...too much

We have no tangible allies.

We have no allies of consequence.... ok???

You can't even name one that would ring a bell

in news that actually matters.....Mississippi has re-opened and passed the Jim Crow Laws. But yall goofy niggas don't vote stay home don't vote it don't matter. Mind you this is most Black populated state in the union btw
Is that the law where in Jackson there will be two sets of courts and police?

You lend so much cape to them...too much

We have no tangible allies.

We have no allies of consequence.... ok???

You can't even name one that would ring a bell

Did you go to any protests? There would people of all races there. Have you seen the attorneys behind many of the civil rights cases over the past few years? The primaries are always black, but all the teams have nonwhite members. You keep bring up the reparations talks in Cali. You do understand that the reason that's a thing is because there are nonblack people in office supporting the initiatives. Then you have scholars like Tim Wise who've made careers out of going from state to state and giving speeches that basically boil down to "Black people are right and you should listen to them." You don't consider any of those people allies?

You're always trying to accuse of caping because I don't like your bullshit. You can be pro-black without constantly spouting over the top nonsense.

Did you go to any protests? There would people of all races there. Have you seen the attorneys behind many of the civil rights cases over the past few years? The primaries are always black, but all the teams have nonwhite members. You keep bring up the reparations talks in Cali. You do understand that the reason that's a thing is because there are nonblack people in office supporting the initiatives. Then you have scholars like Tim Wise who've made careers out of going from state to state and giving speeches that basically boil down to "Black people are right and you should listen to them." You don't consider any of those people allies?

You're always trying to accuse of caping because I don't like your bullshit. You can be pro-black without constantly spouting over the top nonsense.
If we had tangible allies we wouldn't be in the same position for 500 years

A lot of white people say a lot of the right things yet nothing has changed, its mostly lip service

Yall have a very low standards for alliance here. Pathetically low

Attorneys get compensated, soooo?

Here's your scholar tim wise attacking Nate Parker for an alleged rape he had already been acquitted of years earlier, when Birth of a nation dropped. The rape case only was brought up to deflect from his movie and your ally joined in

20230403_092212.jpg

Are you gonna name jane elliott next who says all the right things... except... the fact she's anti reparations exclusively for black Americans?

I am never ever gonna show the grace that yall show to white people. I need to see tangible differences in society before i fix my fingers to type on their behalf

If we had tangible allies we wouldn't be in the same position for 500 years
See you got to do better than this dumb shit.

Are there more allies in the country or enemies? A handful of white people on our side ain't going to change shit when the majority of them are against us, but that doesn't mean that handful doesn't exist.
A lot of white people say a lot of the right things yet nothing has changed, its mostly lip service

What's your point bro? Progressive white people can't get shit passed to help white people these days. The country has a shitty system in place that puts money interests over everything. How does that mean that there are no nonblacks that are true allies to black people?

Attorneys get compensated, soooo?

Not all of them. Some of that shit is done pro bono, and civil rights cases aren't exactly the most lucrative shit attorneys can be working on.

Here's your scholar tim wise attacking Nate Parker for an alleged rape he had already been acquitted of years earlier, when Birth of a nation dropped. The rape case only was brought up to deflect from his movie and your ally joined in

View attachment 1054488

So he's not an ally for black people because he didn't like the tenor in which Parker spoke about someone who had killed herself? Really, that's the point you're trying to make here?

Are you gonna name jane elliott next who says all the right things... except... the fact she's anti reparations exclusively for black Americans?

I am never ever gonna show the grace that yall show to white people. I need to see tangible differences in society before i fix my fingers to type on their behalf

Your last sentence doesn't make any sense. If the question was "Has white America redeemed itself?" Then what you're saying would make sense.

That's not the question here. You made the claim that we don't have any allies. You can have allies and still lose the war. There were white abolitionists like John Brown out there killing and dying to end slavery. You going to say they weren't allies either just because they died before slavery ended?

See you got to do better than this dumb shit.

Are there more allies in the country or enemies? A handful of white people on our side ain't going to change shit when the majority of them are against us, but that doesn't mean that handful doesn't exist.

What's your point bro? Progressive white people can't get shit passed to help white people these days. The country has a shitty system in place that puts money interests over everything. How does that mean that there are no nonblacks that are true allies to black people?

Not all of them. Some of that shit is done pro bono, and civil rights cases aren't exactly the most lucrative shit attorneys can be working on.

So he's not an ally for black people because he didn't like the tenor in which Parker spoke about someone who had killed herself? Really, that's the point you're trying to make here?

Your last sentence doesn't make any sense. If the question was "Has white America redeemed itself?" Then what you're saying would make sense.

That's not the question here. You made the claim that we don't have any allies. You can have allies and still lose the war. There were white abolitionists like John Brown out there killing and dying to end slavery. You going to say they weren't allies either just because they died before slavery ended?
Shout out JOHN BROWN

Ain't no more John Browns.. that's all im saying. And I'm not saying we want or need a or are asking for a John Brown today. I'm saying none of these so called allies are willing to risk their comfort for actual change. Lip service has only gotten us so far

That's why I amended my stance to there are no tangible allies of consequence. And that's the best you're gonna get from me

Shout out JOHN BROWN

Ain't no more John Browns.. that's all im saying. And I'm not saying we want or need a John Brown today. I'm saying none of these so called allies are willing to risk their comfort for actual change. Lip service has only gotten us so far

That's why I amended my stance to there are no tangible allies of consequence. And that's the best you're gonna get from me

I agree with that stance more, but again during the 2020 protests, there were white people going to jail over those protests. Have you gone to jail taking a stance over any black cause?

Back