Welcome To aBlackWeb

You don't see anything wrong with the better QB in that game being depicted as a loser pouting on the ground? Mind you a young cac likely created that graphic....

How is that a race issue though? Mahomes won. Hurt lost. How it is racist to show Mahomes as triumphant while Hurt is dejected under those circumstances? If you've watched sports for decades, you've probably seen 100 images like that. It doesn't suddenly become racist just because both QBs are black.

That said. I agree with you that a white dude probably made the graphic, and if a black person had done it, he/she probably would have tried to pay more respect to both players.

How is that a race issue though? Mahomes won. Hurt lost. How it is racist to show Mahomes as triumphant while Hurt is dejected under those circumstances?If you've watched sports for decades, you've probably seen 100 images like that. It doesn't suddenly become racist just because both QBs are black.
I'll cashapp you $100 to show me a similar graphic from ESPN...

There should be one of Joe Burrow from last year right?

I'm not going down that rabbit hole with you.

That's not the relevant part of the disagreement anyway. What exactly is racist about the graphic? Do you honestly think it's racist to depict a black player as triumphant over another black player in an image? Do you honestly believe that they have never or would never depict a white player as triumphant over another white player in a similar manner?

Someone should probably tell this dude that the NFL promotes Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month even though it happens in May and the NFL isn't really even active then.
He wants his people to shine during the Super Bowl. He knows that the NFL does it, but he doesn't care.

I'm not going down that rabbit hole with you.

That's not the relevant part of the disagreement anyway. What exactly is racist about the graphic? Do you honestly think it's racist to depict a black player as triumphant over another black player in an image? Do you honestly believe that they have never or would never depict a white player as triumphant over another white player in a similar manner?
Depicting Jaylen Hurt on the ground pouting is inaccurate and yes racially motivated.

Mahomes did not dominate or stunt on hurts. That's not what happened in the game and ESPN has never disrespected a white quarterback like that

638822.jpg

I mean we know the source they got it from.

Just this time Philly is on the losing end.

Depicting Jaylen Hurt on the ground pouting is inaccurate and yes racially motivated.

Mahomes did not dominate or stunt on hurts. That's not what happened in the game and ESPN has never disrespected a white quarterback like that

I don't know man. This seems like a reach. I wouldn't even say it's disrespectful. Hurt lost, so showing him dejected isn't crazy, but I can see how you take it as being disrespectful if you believe that he should be shown in a positive light given how well he played despite the loss.

The racist part I don't get. It's not like they are showing a white guy over him. The graphic is two black players, and I'm not really sure what sitting on the ground and pouting as you describe it has to do with blackness.

I don't know man. This seems like a reach. I wouldn't even say it's disrespectful. Hurt lost, so showing him dejected isn't crazy, but I can see how you take it as being disrespectful if you believe that he should be shown in a positive light given how well he played despite the loss.

The racist part I don't get. It's not like they are showing a white guy over him. The graphic is two black players, and I'm not really sure what sitting on the ground and pouting as you describe it has to do with blackness.
Everything is a nail when your only tool is a hammer situation.

Back