Welcome To aBlackWeb

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livew...es-ingraham-anti-immigrant-speech-a-thumbs-up

David Duke Gives Ingraham’s Anti-Immigrant Speech A Thumbs Up

Former top Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke gave Fox News’ host Laura Ingraham’s anti-immigrant monologue his ringing endorsement on Wednesday night, before deleting the tweet.

At the end of a Wednesday monologue mocking presumed New York 14th District representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ingraham delivered a xenophobic and racist screed saying that the “America we know and love” is no more due to immigration.

“Massive demographic changes have been foisted upon the American people and they are changes that none of us ever voted for and most of us don’t like,” she said. “Much of this is related to both illegal and, in some cases, legal immigration that, of course, progressives love.”

o7wojm4cuyqmuwhv4ns6.gif

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/john-oliver-shreds-laura-ingraham-shes-honest-about-how-racist-she-is/

John Oliver Shreds Laura Ingraham: She’s ‘Honest About How Racist She Is’

John Oliver took on Laura Ingraham‘s controversial “demographic changes” commentary on Sunday’s episode Last Week Tonight, in a segment pointedly titled “Racists.”

Ingraham drew intense fire for declaring on her Fox News show The Ingraham Angle that “In some parts of the country it does seem like the America that we know and love doesn’t exist anymore.”

“Massive demographic changes have been foisted upon the American people. And they’re changes that none of us ever voted for,” she said. “Much of this is related to both illegal and, in some cases, legal, immigration that, of course, progressives love.”

“Wow,” Oliver reacted to the clip. “She just came right out and said it, in scripted commentary, straight down the camera, knowing her mic was on.”

“You almost want to give her credit for honesty there, and then deduct twice as much credit, because she’s just being honest about how racist she is,” he joked.

Oliver noted that Ingraham later said her remarks had nothing to do with race, but pointed out that David Duke, former Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, heartily endorsed her comments.

Ingraham addressed the controversy on her Fox News show the night after making the comments, disavowing white nationalists “who are distorting my views.”

“The purpose of last night’s angle was to point out that the rule of law — meaning secure borders — is something that used to bind our country together,” she said. “And despite what some may be contending – I made explicitly clear that my commentary had nothing to do with race or ethnicity, but rather a shared goal of keeping America safe, and her citizens safe and prosperous.”

https://lawandcrime.com/crazy/youre...mp-doctors-rant-ends-with-pepper-spray-watch/

‘You’re Treating Me Like a F***ing Black Person!’: Pro-Trump Doctor’s Rant Ends with Pepper Spray

If you were at the Orlando Intentional Airport on Thursday, you might’ve witnessed a heck of a spectacle. Dr. Jeffrey Epstein was arrested after allegedly refusing the leave the building.

You can see video of the incident above.

“You’re treating me like a fucking black person!” he yells at the three arresting officers as they attempt to handcuff him on the floor.

Cops said he brought that on himself. They claimed to get a call about a disruptive passenger at the American Airlines ticket counter, according to WESH. When they arrived, Epstein started acting out, and yelled, they said.

According to cops, he began to calm down at first, but then grew livid on learning the airline was kicking him off the flight because of his actions.

As seen on footage, Epstein attempts to chew out the cops.

“So this guy’s trying to provoke me,” he yells, pointing at a cop. “He’s a law enforcement officer, and he’s trying to provoke me. Do you know how to deescalate things, genius. No you’re not. You’re talking about me foaming at the mouth. Is that going to deescalate things, genius?”

In the arrest report, police said they had asked him to leave for public safety purposes. A cop noted he had “white froth” around his lips, and asked if “he was having an issue.”

“You want to test me?” Epstein says on video. “You want me to count backwards?” He puts his hands up and dares the officers to arrest him, or get him a flight. Cops chose option A.

Things truly escalate after he accuses one of the officers of being rough while handcuffing him. He yells back at them. A struggle ensues. They get him to the ground.

“Don’t beat me up,” he yells. “Look at them. Oh my god. I can’t believe they’re doing this. Oh my god. Look at what they’re doing.”

He continues to complain about the officers being rough with him, and said they were treating him like a black person. Footage cuts off when an officer threatens him with pepper-spray because he isn’t putting his hands behind his back.

Epstein, eyes still apparently irritated from the pepper-spray, defended himself in an interview with WESH. He said the airline should’ve have called the cops on him, and said the police should’ve deescalated the situation. Asked what he meant about the “black person” statement, Epstein said he was “making a point.”

“If you’re going to do this to a white doctor, who is 59 years old for doing nothing, then why should black people trust you?” he said. Epstein also reportedly said “I’m a conservative Republican, I’m a Trump guy.”

ntil the police fix this problem, I don’t blame black people for being upset when they get arrested,” he said.

Epstein was arrested for resisting arrest, trespassing after warning and disorderly conduct, and battery on a law enforcement officer (he allegedly kicked one of the cops).

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/22/us/confederate-statues-north-carolina-capitol.html

3 Confederate Statues Will Remain at North Carolina Capitol

Less than two days after protesters at the University of North Carolina toppled a statue of a Confederate soldier, the state’s historical commission rejected a request to remove three Confederate monuments from the grounds of the State Capitol in Raleigh.

Instead, the commission voted 10-1 on Wednesday to add information providing more context about slavery and the civil rights movement to the displays. The commission also urged the addition of a monument honoring the contributions of African-Americans to the state.

Gov. Roy Cooper asked last fall that the three monuments be moved to a Civil War battlefield about 45 miles away to ensure their preservation. His request came after the deadly white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Va., and the upending of a Confederate statue at a courthouse in Durham, N.C.

The commissioners said Wednesday that they believed they were hamstrung by a 2015 state law that prohibits the removal of memorials on public property except under rare circumstances, such as preserving a historical marker from destruction, or for major construction projects.

After the vote, Mr. Cooper, a Democrat, called on the General Assembly, which is controlled by Republicans, to change the law “so our state and its people have a better path to remove or relocate these monuments safely.”

“It is time for North Carolina to realize that we can document and learn from our history without idolizing painful symbols,” Mr. Cooper said. The governor has said that he believes a loophole would allow “an object of remembrance” to be removed without the commission’s approval if it is “a threat to public safety because of an unsafe or dangerous condition.”

The statues are only the latest issue to divide the governor and the legislature. Mr. Cooper, who was elected by a narrow margin in 2016, has clashed with the Republican-dominated General Assembly for years, fighting in Raleigh’s corridors of power about public policy issues and in the courts over executive power.

Republican lawmakers earlier told the commission that it did not have the power to remove the statues; and the Senate leader, who is also a Republican, said that the group would lose a lawsuit if it proceeded.

But the state attorney general’s office has said that the commission has the power to move the monuments, if the new site had the same prominence and availability. The battlefield that Mr. Cooper suggested has less than half the number of annual visitors as the Capitol.

On Wednesday, five members of a group tasked with studying the relocation of monuments met before recommending to the wider commission that the statues remain and that context be added.

“It is reimagining citizenship in a more inclusive and useful way,” a study committee member, Dr. Valerie A. Johnson, said. “These monuments are really memorials, appropriate for a museum or a cemetery space. Moving the statues does not hide history.”

The three include a 75-foot monument with the inscription: “To our Confederate dead;” the Henry Lawson Wyatt Monument, for the man believed to be the first in the state to die in the Civil War; and one with the inscription “To the North Carolina women of the Confederacy.” It shows a grandmotherly figure with a young boy.

On Monday night, protesters at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill toppled a towering Confederate monument known as “Silent Sam.” They then tried to bury the fallen statue’s head, but university officials, who had signaled misgivings about the monument’s continued presence on their campus, quickly secured and removed it.

Carol L. Folt, the university chancellor, acknowledged on Tuesday that the statue “has been divisive for years, and its presence has been a source of frustration for many people not only on our campus but throughout the community.” Still, the chancellor called Monday night’s events “unlawful and dangerous.”

Mr. Cooper also criticized the protesters but said he understood their anger.

“The actions that toppled Silent Sam bear witness to the strong feelings many North Carolinians have about Confederate monuments,” the governor said. “I don’t agree with or condone the way that monument came down, but protesters concluded that their leaders would not — could not — act on the frustration and pain it caused.”

Back