Welcome To aBlackWeb

Hulu White Men Can't Jump (Reboot)

See, ol’ boy getting his gun and a couple other scenes are funny. I’ve just never been a big fan of this movie overall. It’s not a bad movie just not for me :js4:

Ehhh this was iight. Probably shoulda called this one something else because it holds no candle to the original like they did with that Superfly joint. They basically kinda modernized the plot, but it didn't have that soul or heart of the original. Basically everything from the original was spun into a modern day version. That flamethrower scene was however... an area or opportunity for the writers to say the least. I like Harlow's performance. They Od'ed on the race jokes though. Like, OD OD'ed. I was just thinking "Who talks like this in real life?"

Overall, it was cool though

It was bad obviously. Nobody expected otherwise...

But I like the angle they used to make jack a hustler. The idea that whiteness alone is the catch wouldn't fly cuz whites can hoop, so the hustle was his gaslighting head games which Woody did after the fact in the original. Psyching ppl into betting money is a good way to reboot that idea

Other than that this was doo doo grits, as expected

Back