Welcome To aBlackWeb

Which pill would you take??

lol @ taking the 50 mil.

I'll be the founder of facebook and save all my peoples that met an early grave to boot.

That 10-17 stretch would be a chore though. I would have to sneak out at night and pick up hookers and tell them i'm a midget.

I don’t do pills...but I’d smoke tha blue dream

I’d be a katrillionaire by 45 just by winning every sports bet for 35 years...

I don’t think I wanna lose 10 years of my life for $50M.

Back to the 90s it is! So many girls I shouldve smashed, and so many I should’ve stayed away from.

Plus I’m betting on the SB and NBA Finals EVERY YEAR and making a fuckin mint, on some Biff Tannen shit.

giphy.gif

Blue.

Wit the knowledge...I'll have that 45 million by the time I turn 13. Be a billionaire by the time I reach 30.

Only bad thing with that...going thru my mama's death all over again.

Blue pill

With all the knowledge I got with graphics design, working with video and just computers in general I feel like I'd make a killing.

Man y’all asses gon be 10 years old again and growing up just how yall is now.

Now everybody gonna be a billionaire. Lmao.

Do you know how many legit opportunities to invest money there were between 1982, when I was 10, and, say, 2000?

Let's say you took $2200 in 1986 and got in early during Microsoft's IPO. You would have picked up about 100 shares if you got in right after the bell before the price shot up.

Let's say you sat on that and did absolutely nothing else. Microsoft's stock has split 9 times since then. That 100 shares you picked up in March of '86 would now be 28,800 shares. You paid $2200 for it way back then. As of today's close it would be worth over $3M. Now imagine if you had the means to have bought 1000 shares instead of 100, you'd be sitting on about $30.3M.

If you had the foresight to have bought IPO of Oracle the next day, you could have picked up 100 shares for ~$1600. Oracle has split 11 times since it's IPO. Right now you would have 32400 shares thanks to several funky 3:2 splits that happened in the 90's. As of today that $1600 investement would be worth a little over $1.5M; 1000 shares would have you sitting at $15.4M in your pocket.

Cisco systems pretty much followed Microsoft in that it's IPO was similarly priced ($22.25/share) and it also split 9 times but you probably would have wanted to cash out on it within a few days after the last split in March of 2000. At that point you would have had the same number of shares as Microsoft with a total value of $2.3M if you sold it after the opening bell on March 27th for $81.44/share.

and there's waaaay more than this. Think of what could have been done if you were able to parlay an investment in the early 90's into a few million and turn that around and invest seed money in companies like Netscape, Red Hat, Yahoo, AskJeeves, Google, Amazon etc and got pre-ipo shares out of the deal. Or even better, one of those ridiculous ass 90's internet companies that managed to make it to IPO like TheGlobe (social media before social media, and I had 3 pages on it), which had it's ipo at $9 a share and saw it trading at nearly $90/share or VA Linux, which is still Nasdaq's single biggest first day IPO gain (opened at $30, peaked at over $320/share and settled in at ~$240/share). Etoys, Pets.com, and many others all came out the gate swinging and died horrible deaths soon after but if you knew to invest in those companies you could have raked in a fortune immediately after IPO.

giphy.gif

I'd need a week to get all my shit together

And I'd have to be able to take a notebook with me

Red pill me.

Having the knowledge of how good adulthood is and not being able to experience it for another 10 years would drive me crazy.

Plus, where does it say that you go back to that particular year?

What if you just turn into a modern day 10year old?

And who TF is taking stock advice from a lil ass kid?

Lemme skip forward, retire early, and enjoy the end of my life, thank you.

Blue pill, man I always sit and think about where I’d be by now had I did what I needed to do in the first place.

Do you know how many legit opportunities to invest money there were between 1982, when I was 10, and, say, 2000?

Let's say you took $2200 in 1986 and got in early during Microsoft's IPO. You would have picked up about 100 shares if you got in right after the bell before the price shot up.

Let's say you sat on that and did absolutely nothing else. Microsoft's stock has split 9 times since then. That 100 shares you picked up in March of '86 would now be 28,800 shares. You paid $2200 for it way back then. As of today's close it would be worth over $3M. Now imagine if you had the means to have bought 1000 shares instead of 100, you'd be sitting on about $30.3M.

If you had the foresight to have bought IPO of Oracle the next day, you could have picked up 100 shares for ~$1600. Oracle has split 11 times since it's IPO. Right now you would have 32400 shares thanks to several funky 3:2 splits that happened in the 90's. As of today that $1600 investement would be worth a little over $1.5M; 1000 shares would have you sitting at $15.4M in your pocket.

Cisco systems pretty much followed Microsoft in that it's IPO was similarly priced ($22.25/share) and it also split 9 times but you probably would have wanted to cash out on it within a few days after the last split in March of 2000. At that point you would have had the same number of shares as Microsoft with a total value of $2.3M if you sold it after the opening bell on March 27th for $81.44/share.

and there's waaaay more than this. Think of what could have been done if you were able to parlay an investment in the early 90's into a few million and turn that around and invest seed money in companies like Netscape, Red Hat, Yahoo, AskJeeves, Google, Amazon etc and got pre-ipo shares out of the deal. Or even better, one of those ridiculous ass 90's internet companies that managed to make it to IPO like TheGlobe (social media before social media, and I had 3 pages on it), which had it's ipo at $9 a share and saw it trading at nearly $90/share or VA Linux, which is still Nasdaq's single biggest first day IPO gain (opened at $30, peaked at over $320/share and settled in at ~$240/share). Etoys, Pets.com, and many others all came out the gate swinging and died horrible deaths soon after but if you knew to invest in those companies you could have raked in a fortune immediately after IPO.

giphy.gif
I’m not reading all that. I don’t believe everybody who goes back to 10 years old is gonna end up a millionaire or billionaire.

Back