Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Top 10

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Top 25

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • 50+

Votes: 7 15.2%

• Total voters
I never understood the "solo" argument. He's on every song. Yall act as if these other niggas are making albums by themselves. Outside of J.Cole, all of your favorite rappers worked with a whole group of niggas to make their album.

I never understood the "solo" argument. He's on every song. Yall act as if these other niggas are making albums by themselves. Outside of J.Cole, all of your favorite rappers worked with a whole group of niggas to make their album.

Every single person in this tournament has carried multiple albums by themselves except for this guy. His partner has put out multiple solo albums but y'all don't give him the respect that 3k gets. It's real easy to half ass a career and dude been doing that for over 2 decades

Every single person in this tournament has carried multiple albums by themselves except for this guy. His partner has put out multiple solo albums but y'all don't give him the respect that 3k gets. It's real easy to half ass a career and dude been doing that for over 2 decades

That's my point, u niggas think these other niggas made their album by themselves. NOBODY makes albums by themselves, it's takes a whole team to make an album.

The albums he's made are collective efforts WITH Big Boi doing production and handling the direction for the vast majority of Outkast albums. If 3k is top 5 then Big Boi has to be as well because they're joined at the hip.

Andre 3000 doesn't have solo albums, doesn't have the individual impact, he doesn't have the same track record or influence as say a Biggie, Jay-Z, Tupac, NaS, Eminem, Kanye West, Kendrick Lamar or even a Scarface. 8 rappers already ahead of him in the category as the total package. Having only lyrics doesn't cut it, if so then Lupe Fiasco, King Los, Big L, Common, Black Thought, Gangstarr should all be top 5 and 10 breathing. Same logic for people who say BTNH are a top 5 group but Krayzie Bone can't be a top 10 rapper. It's only fair.

That doesn't make any sense. Organized Noize was their producers. That's like saying "since sounwave produces most of kendrick's albums, if kendrick is top 5 u gotta add sounwave" . Everybody has a group of niggas working on albums. Jay-z's "I just wanna love u" was written by Oschino and Sparks, beat done by pharrell, all jay had to do was insert 16s. That's how most songs are made. On the real, Andre 3k has probably crafted more songs from scratch than most rappers cuz he also produced a lot of those outkast songs. I don't really think yall know how music is made.

Last edited:
Hold on tho, that's an apple to oranges comparison. So you wanna put him in the top 5 but not Big Boi because no one does it on their own ? Having a producer and engineer and an A&R to executive produce an album is a different comparison than you and a group making an album. That's like trying to sell out Madison Square Garden as the Backstreet Boys but only 1 member shows up. And we're trying to saying that nigga is top 5 ? Doesn't work like that. Outkast can be a top 5 group of all time WITH Big Boi and Organized Noise but I can't say 3k or Big Boi are top 5 individually without each other over Big, Pac, NaS, Jay-Z, Eminem or Kanye West.

Cuz one (big boi) is a dope rapper, the other is an alien rapper, 2 different levels.

There's a reason even niggas like Jay-z says "andre 3k" and not "outkast" .

Same as eminem on "Till I collapse" when he was naming his favorite rappers said "andre 3000" and not outkast.

Cuz one (big boi) is a dope rapper, the other is an alien rapper, 2 different levels.

There's a reason even niggas like Jay-z says "andre 3k" and not "outkast" .

Same as eminem on "Till I collapse" when he was naming his favorite rappers said "andre 3000" and not outkast.

Annnnd he said REDMAN name 1st!!

:ghost:

But this ain’t my hill...y’all have fun

You cannot erase the contributions of Big Boi to put Andre 3000 ahead as a top 5 rapper ahead of Pac, Big, Em, Jay, NaS, Kendrick, Cole, Ye, Facemob and other more deserving rappers as a total package. You can say Outkast is a top 5 group of all time with Big Boi but you can't take 1 member and use a group's collective to back them as top 5 but not include the other members. If Big Boi wasn't rapping on those albums you can make a claim but that's not the case here.

You're trying to relegate Big Boi to the level of producer and downplay his contribution to virtually half the dayum Outkast albums. Kendrick has different producers on songs as do OutKast but Kendrick is making albums on his own without Black Hippy. Backstreet Boys are a group but I can't say Brian is top 5 singers of all time and discredit the effort of his 4 other band members, that's why solo albums rarely sell as much as group albums. The fact Andre don't got no solo albums also hurts his claim to be in the top 5.

So me, Jay-z, and the rest of us are tripping cuz we don't see it like you? lol

Idc how many producers a rapper has, the point is there's ALWAYS multiple niggas HELPING your favorite rapper craft those songs. So you trying to discredit 3K for having help craft songs makes ZERO sense.

Skills wise he is top tier. Call him top 10, top 5, top 3 and I wouldnt debate cause he can claim all of them.

But when I look at the whole picture, he doesnt have the longevity to be top 10 to me. Not having a solo doesnt hurt him imo, its the number of years he been active.

Rapping on half the album from 96 to 03, then just dropping a verse or two every year really isnt enough.

Longevity to me is the hardest thing to accomplish in hip hop. Its hard as fuck to write 48 lines of thought provoking lyrics 5 years in, but doing it 10 years in? Thats crazy. And then you got artists like Nas and Black Thought and even Big Boi doing it 20 years in? Thats almost impossible.

95% of rappers fall off after their 2nd or 3rd album and run out of material to rap about.

Andre has said over and over that he doesnt rap anymore cause hes scared what people would think. Clearly he doesnt really have anything to rap about.

That puts him in the 15 to 25 range for me.

Im a huge fan though.

Back