Welcome To aBlackWeb

When would you allow your child to have a cellphone?

Welp, I decided.. He needs a phone for the same reason I do, so I can get in contact with him when I need to. He goes to his friends house, his Papa's. It'd be easier to contact him directly than having to call his friends parents or his grandpa whos just not tryna be on the phone. @Dupacalypse I feel you on not letting him go if Papa slow to get back but that's the only way he can see his cousin's, so he's going.

I'm surprised how many people think kids are irresponsible with phones. I was 12 when I got my first cell, and I took very good care of my Nokia. That thing was my baby. They treat their phones like money too from what I seen. My son's phone is well taken care of and he's had it for awhile. Same goes for his tablet, his computer, his Xbox etc. They take care of the stuff they care about.

I'm gonna go ahead and turn that on. I'll feel better next time he's out and about like that. If he breaks it being irresponsible, then he's got his own money, and he can buy another one.

Why people keep saying they need a job? Lol ya'll gonna make your kids buy their own clothes too? Damn.

Ya damn right Sugar Cookie!

Round these parts, we pull our own weight. Ain't no hand me downs. Lol.

I got a phone at 12 because that's when I started flying by myself. If my mom was gonna reach me the best way was for me to have a phone. Especially back then when my dad/grandparents werent using cell phones and we were out the house all the time. The anxiety of not being able to get a hold of your kids is real. People w/o kids I see can't even imagine what that feels like.

But my son can get a job to get what he wants. I'm not gonna require him a job to get what he needs. He's not asking for his phone to be turned on, I was debating with myself. But the more I think about it, I really will feel better if he has it. He not taking it to school, but anywhere else where he's not with me or his dad, he's gonna have his phone.

My son's Google account is linked to mine so I see everything he's doing from my own phone. Searches, what he watches on YouTube, his apps, everything. All that boy cares about is Pokemon, Roblox, and dance music. But he's 8. In 4 years, all his friendsll have phones too, they'll be texting and what not. Noooooooooooo :(
Yep it's coming........ Prepare yourself now

I got a phone at 12 because that's when I started flying by myself. If my mom was gonna reach me the best way was for me to have a phone. Especially back then when my dad/grandparents werent using cell phones and we were out the house all the time. The anxiety of not being able to get a hold of your kids is real. People w/o kids I see can't even imagine what that feels like.

But my son can get a job to get what he wants. I'm not gonna require him a job to get what he needs. He's not asking for his phone to be turned on, I was debating with myself. But the more I think about it, I really will feel better if he has it. He not taking it to school, but anywhere else where he's not with me or his dad, he's gonna have his phone.

I got my first Cellphone at 12 as well. Phones back then didnt have internet or camera's though lol. Didnt do anything dumb with phones until i was about 15

I got my first Cellphone at 12 as well. Phones back then didnt have internet or camera's though lol. Didnt do anything dumb with phones until i was about 15
They didn't but I had a computer that had internet and a webcam. He's been had that since he was four. His tablet also has internet and a camera. Should he not have those things either?

I was never dumb with my phone cause I knew better. I used my phone to call who I needed to call and to play snake lol.

im still trying to decide at what age i will allow my lil girl to have one, but she aint gon have an expensive one...thats for sure

Back