Welcome To aBlackWeb

When dating when do you make it exclusive and cut others off?

sometimes dudes stop talking to me because I won't have sex with them after several dates or because of how free spirited I am. sooooo some typically fizzle out on their own.

Others will take a step back because they might see me out somewhere with someone else and understand that I'm out here just doing me.
(but oddly these guys end up becoming my platonic friends later on lol)

I don't just cut ppl off because we didn't work out romantically. A lot of the dudes ive dated have other great qualities that make them dope ass friends.
only thing I wanna know is, where'd u find the time girl? lol. scheduling on fleek?

mhm its interesting that so many people view dating as something that leads to a relationship
or the step before a relationship.

I just look at it as a discovery phase.

I mean dating someone exclusively just seems like a recipe for disaster in my opinion.

ok so we date exclusively for a few weeks/months, I figure out I like you, BOOM hop into a relationship and now I'm seeing things that I dont like--- now Im realizing that I didn't really get to know you fully before entering into a relationship. we were compatible in certain areas and not in others (I highly doubt you get to know a person after 3 months of dating)... now I want out.
Fast forward---
we go our separate ways and no longer speak to each other. THE END.

looool that seems ass backwards to me.

I think you should date for as long as possible and only jump into a relationship when you know that person will be able to satisfy you in areas that matter the most.

people get caught up in the feel good phase (dating feels good) but relationships are a lot of work and when you build relationships off of visceral shit, THEY FAIL.

I think you should date for as long as possible before jumping into a relationship that has a high probability of failing.

Ill date a dude for a year before we become exclusive.

only thing I wanna know is, where'd u find the time girl? lol. scheduling on fleek?

looooool dead @ scheduling on fleek.

nah meeting up after work or school isnt that hard for me.

coming to my place to chill (vice versa) and shoot the shit is always on the menu

plus if you cant tell sis, I GOT A LOT OF ENERGY!!
...my social life is off the chains.

looooool dead @ scheduling on fleek.

nah meeting up after work or school isnt that hard for me.

coming to my place to chill (vice versa) and shoot the shit is always on the menu

plus if you cant tell sis, I GOT A LOT OF ENERGY!!
...my social life is off the chains.
are you an extrovert? im pretty introverted, wld be interestiing if thats a factor
mhm its interesting that so many people view dating as something that leads to a relationship
or the step before a relationship.

I just look at it as a discovery phase.

I mean dating someone exclusively just seems like a recipe for disaster in my opinion.

ok so we date exclusively for a few weeks/months, I figure out I like you, BOOM hop into a relationship and now I'm seeing things that I dont like--- now Im realizing that I didn't really get to know you fully before entering into a relationship. we were compatible in certain areas and not in others (I highly doubt you get to know a person after 3 months of dating)... now I want out.
Fast forward---
we go our separate ways and no longer speak to each other. THE END.

looool that seems ass backwards to me.

I think you should date for as long as possible and only jump into a relationship when you know that person will be able to satisfy you in areas that matter the most.

people get caught up in the feel good phase (dating feels good) but relationships are a lot of work and when you build relationships off of visceral shit, THEY FAIL.

I think you should date for as long as possible before jumping into a relationship that has a high probability of failing.

Ill date a dude for a year before we become exclusive.
I have the opposite pov cuz dating isn't an activity for me, its something I only do when I really really like someone. I prefer being on my own if I'm only lukewarm about a guy. if I'm dating multiple people, chances are I'm not greatly interested in all of them n to me thats a waste of time and energy. entertaining people I aint truly feeling is exhausting and I'm protective of my energy.

If it's about getting to know folks or having fun, I can do that platonically. I need a reason to date as opposed to be single and get to know people as friends. that kind of connection just isn't something I've found in more than one person at a time.

dating 1 person at a time doesn't mean rushing into relationships, no more than dating multiple people means dodging them. it doesn't even mean putting your eggs in one basket - there are people who date one person at a time but jump from one to another quickly, with no strings. I think its a style thing. some people's default is starting with many and narrowing down, others is feeling out one at a time.

are you an extrovert? im pretty introverted, wld be interestiing if thats a factor

I have the opposite pov cuz dating isn't an activity for me, its something I only do when I really really like someone. I prefer being on my own if I'm only lukewarm about a guy. if I'm dating multiple people, chances are I'm not greatly interested in all of them n to me thats a waste of time and energy. entertaining people I aint truly feeling is exhausting and I'm protective of my energy.

If it's about getting to know folks or having fun, I can do that platonically. I need a reason to date as opposed to be single and get to know people as friends. that kind of connection just isn't something I've found in more than one person at a time.

dating 1 person at a time doesn't mean rushing into relationships, no more than dating multiple people means dodging them. it doesn't even mean putting your eggs in one basket - there are people who date one person at a time but jump from one to another quickly, with no strings. I think its a style thing. some people's default is starting with many and narrowing down, others is feeling out one at a time.

I understand.

I just don't look at things as a waste of time and energy. Even if I'm not interested on a deep romantic level, I'm still having fun and creating memories with someone.

However, I understand the way I view relationships and dating is different than most people.

a lot of the stuff ppl take seriously, I don't.

Back