Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY whats the biggest lesson employment has taught you?

Only a few of the people at the top are smart and deserve the position they hold. Most of them are idiots who just hung around long enough or complained enough to get promotions.

Never be intimidated by a title. I barely respect any titles now.

Thanks I needed to hear this today

A lot, I'd go as far as to say most, companies are very poorly run and the higher up you go the more incompetent it seems you can get away with bein'

I've worked in nuff places where the partners and seniors all the main dudes got there either by hangin' around for ages or hangin' around for ages somewhere else and it just looks good on the resume/CV.

I work on social media and most of the directors don't kno' a thing about it. The main thing that makes them money they haven't got a clue how it works or what I actually do.

So yeah a lot of incompetence really

Last edited:
Only a few of the people at the top are smart and deserve the position they hold. Most of them are idiots who just hung around long enough or complained enough to get promotions.

Never be intimidated by a title. I barely respect any titles now.

The wild shit about titles is...people on the customer/consumer end of things legit only respect certain shit when it's said by someone with a title. I've legit had to tell people complaining about shit that they were told the right thing and been told "Well I believe you because you're in *insert position here*".

The wild shit about titles is...people on the customer/consumer end of things legit only respect certain shit when it's said by someone with a title. I've legit had to tell people complaining about shit that they were told the right thing and been told "Well I believe you because you're in *insert position here*".
“ let me speak to ur manager”

That things haven't changed since 1996...........and that I haven't missed anything by being out of the work force since 2008.

Getting laid off and learning how to live off the market was the best thing that ever happened to me.

Never do more than what's required. Your reward for going above and beyond is more work.
LOL facts ..... my coworker be staying til like 8 pm every day thinking it’s gonna get her props

Then gets hurts when the bosses don’t acknowledge it ...

Back