Welcome To aBlackWeb

What's something your parent's did during your childhood you still ain't forgive them for.

I think this is more common than people realize. Care into go into more detail, unless the shit is triggering?

Not triggering at all. At least not that I'm consciously aware of lol.
So my moms thing was "these clothes are donated, so is not really stealing"
We would go into Salvation army, I would pick what I liked then go into the dressing room and throw all that shit on under the clothes I wore there. Never got caught, we did that shit so much. I forgot it was illegal after a while, plus my mom was telling me to do it...I was more scared of my mom than any police department at that time.
Till this day, I wont set foot in a Salvation Army

Look at this trauma greedy ass nigga here. Ol my parents were cool but tell me more head ass.
:popcorn2:

Lol. Na, not even. I gave the nigga the out if the shit was traumatic. I just think it's an interesting subject. Lots of parents will let their kids be anything but themselves. And I often times see fathers falling into that trap of being disappointed when their kids turn out to NOT have whatever trait they hopped they would pass onto them.

Shit is just interesting to me.

Clearly the shit is triggering. I asked about his dad emotionally backing off and this nigga told me in-depth details about his childhood trips to the salvation army. Lol.

So here's my view on it.
My mom n dad broke up when I was really young. My dad would scoop me up and made an attempt to be in my life. I was a really good kid at that age (9 yrs old), str8 As, didnt curse or do any fuck shit. As I stated before, we lived in DR at the time.
We (my mom, sister and I), then moved to America . My dad didnt come to USA until I was 15. By then I was a completely different person. This was 99-2000, so the extra baggy shit n doorag look was in full effect, I was running wild w my friends who were all older than me, not coming home, drinking, bringing girls home n all types of shit. By this time, my mom didnt really accept any of this shit, but she understood that I was growing up and we argued about it ALOT...my dad tried to change me when he came from DR and I wasnt having none of that...I noticed he kinda just pulled back n emotionally moved away..he also physically moved away. Him n my mom tried to make it work n he got a VERY up close look at how far I had strayed from that 9 year old goodie too shoes he once knew. I dont know if I still hold resentments or we just didnt get a chance to fully develop a true relationship that carried over into adulthood. I love him n he loves me today and that's really where is at.

I thought this thread was stupid until I dug up an old memory. I'm willing to share now because I asked my mother about it and the sh*t still doesn't male sense.

My mother would not let my brother or I get ice cream from the Ice Cream man back in the day. Her reason was, "They sometimes put dugs in the ice cream and I don't want you to take any". Back then, I was like, "Mama, I'll take that risk. I'll even inspect the popsicle first".

Now as an adult, I'm like honestly...what self respecting drug Dealer is going to gives drugs to kids at a the discount price of an popsicle. And what kinda of drugs would actually be in a popsicle/ice cream? Now keep in mind the time period. This is early 90's so edibles aren't a reality at the time. This shit was downright stupid and now that I'm the same age my mother was when she came to this conclusion, I try my hardest to get her to make it make sense. And she can't...

We could goto the candy lady and get candy from some lady we never vetted but this n*gga in the musical van is off limits.... The sh*t irks me.

Back