Welcome To aBlackWeb

What you do to help you fall asleep?

First and foremost, wind down at least an hour before bed. No cellphone, no TV, no screens at all. They emit blue light which limits your brains production of melatonin (our natural sleep hormone) and over stimulates your senses.

Next, during that hour or more of peace, find things to help you relax. These include:

- Teas (chamomile, valerian, etc),
- Static stretching (2-3 sets of at least 30 seconds per muscle group).
- Aromatherapy (lavender essential oil for example, but I find any smell that is pleasing is extremely relaxing),
- Music
(preferably calm, ambient, restful music that doesn't have a beat),
- Meditation (look into transcendental meditation techniques on YT. Or just sit in peace and let your mind drift into realms of beauty, peace and positivity)
- Hydrotherapy (hot baths, cold showers, both proven to relax the nervous system and release feel good endorphins)

I'd also make your bedroom as zen as possible. Anything that relaxes you, makes you feel good, puts you at ease. Plants are proven to destress. So are nature walks and exercise (kill two birds with one stone jogging through a park earlier in the day).

It's crazy how effective bustin a nut is at curing insomnia. I can be wide awake feeling like I'll never get to sleep then microseconds after I get it in, I'm yawning like a bear.

Back