Welcome To aBlackWeb

what was your parents views on interacial dating?

roi baptiste

in white families it's not accepted by most.... but in black families the same prejudice still applies.... my dad is Haitian & my mother is American but growing up they both came to the same agreement don't bring home a white woman & don't bring home any biracial kids in the world... do other black families have been given the same message growing up?

Nope. Live and let live. All I've ever known and have been taught growing up in the context of my diverse circumstances has been acceptance and togetherness. Sounds cheesy, but it is what it is.

My first real girlfriend (8th grade) was Hawaiian

My parents are good with whatever I wanna do but I’ll never forget the look in my mama’s eyes when I told her

My mom would kill me if I brought a white chick home, my dad knowing how he was in the army probably wouldn't care.

So many people of all races come from racist families. No wonder racism is still so strong. I can date and marry whoever I want. My parents have no issues who I date/sleep with.

So many people of all races come from racist families. No wonder racism is still so strong. I can date and marry whoever I want. My parents have no issues who I date/sleep with.
Black Families are waaayyyyyyyyyy more welcoming to Black kids dating outside our race compared to White,Asian, and different Latino families. Most of the time to our own detriment.

Back