what science says about human beings working 40+ hours a week

Nah, I’m an administrator for a company.
I only ask because a lot of dudes who drive trucks say “Stacking paper so that I can transition into what I WANT to do instead of this shit.”

I know they work crazy hours too.

Reactions: Ghost313
I only ask because a lot of dudes who drive trucks say “Stacking paper so that I can transition into what I WANT to do instead of this shit.”

I know they work crazy hours too.
Good observation. I wanted to own a trucking company, but it’s more hands on to start up than I can handle right now.

My cure job is cool, but I hate the nepotism and games they play. Want to start something that I wake up eager to do.

• Goat
Reactions: Judy Winslow
Good observation. I wanted to own a trucking company, but it’s more hands on to start up than I can handle right now.

My cure job is cool, but I hate the nepotism and games they play. Want to start something that I wake up eager to do.
That’s the best way to do it. Do something you love and it will never feel like work!

I got a friend who been driving trucks for years. He stacked his money up and now he got his own hauling business. We ended up living in the same neighborhood boy be hauling shit from state to state. You can hear his truck coming.

• Haha
My cousin hauled cross country for years. Nigga LOVED lot lizards and Boston. Nigga would rave about his “nasty Ricans in Boston” He has a shitload of land in MS, built new house in 2012. He had bought a dope ass Peterbilt and a Freightliner. Nigga retired cause of diabetes. With the autonomous trucks coming, not sure if the business is still worthwhile.

Reactions: Judy Winslow
My cousin hauled cross country for years. Nigga LOVED lot lizards and Boston. Nigga would rave about his “nasty Ricans in Boston” He has a shitload of land in MS, built new house in 2012. He had bought a dope ass Peterbilt and a Freightliner. Nigga retired cause of diabetes. With the autonomous trucks coming, not sure if the business is still worthwhile.
I say get it in until you can’t no more. Make as much money as you can before the robots come snatch it away.

Some people actually enjoy constantly working. They put there jobs over their family. Strange thing to see. At my last job, I was doing overtime because I wanted more money. I dont have kids or a wife so I was able to do it. I enjoy what I do but I gained in interest in other things over the years. I had to decide where my time should be spent. So I was fortunate enough to change jobs doing the same work but doing less work for double the pay. Now I have time to work on what I really want to do. I dont bring work home. Im no longer on call so once I do 8hrs, im done. And I can work on my interest while at work because this new job has way less responsibilities than my previous job.

I assure you, autonomous cars and trucks arnt coming anytime soon. Dont believe the bs PR from these startups. Everytime they need more funding they release shit talking about "its just 5 years away" lol. Id be more worried about the big trucking companies finding new way to fuck the owner driver or being like cable companies, merging, to control the whole market.

Last edited:
  • Goat
Better one handful with peace than 2 handfuls with stress. Life ain’t all about over-working. It’s not about laziness either but it take wisdom to know when to chill and when to work hard

I legit only do maybe 3 real hours of work. I just be chilling at home.
And let’s been honest. None of really working 40 hours unless you in a labor job.

I dont believe in loving your job either. You could have started loving it but at some point or another the repitition gonna get to you.

Or maybe thats me.

I dont hate my job, but I dont love it either.

You'll never see me working over 40 though. I have co workers that get on earlier than me and turn off later. And we get paid for the same 40 hours. Mfers take their jobs way more seriously than I do.