Welcome To aBlackWeb

what science says about human beings working 40+ hours a week

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy
:yikes1:Working more than 10 hours a day is associated with a 60 percent jump in risk of cardiovascular issues.

:lookatthismf:10% of those working 50 to 60 hours report relationship problems; the rate increases to 30 percent for those working more than 60 hours.

In companies with normal overtime, only 23 percent had absentee rates above 9 percent. In companies with high overtime, 54 percent had absentee rates above 9 percent.

:kanyecry2:Individuals working 11 hours or more of overtime have an increased depression risk

Injury rates increase as work hours increase. Those who work 60 hours per week have a 23 percent higher injury hazard rate.

In companies with an 8.7 percent overtime rate, researchers found no fatigue-related problems. When the overtime rate was 12.4 percent, however, fatigue-related problems were minor.

By the time the overtime rate hit 15.4 percent, fatigue-related problems were severe

In manufacturing industries, a 10 percent increase in overtime yields a 2.4 percent decrease in productivity.

In white collar jobs, productivity declines by as much as 25 percent when workers put in 60 hours or more.

:imdead:Many of the problems identified above tie to stress, which connect to hormonal balances. Specifically, stress raises cortisol, which can disrupt sleep, appetite, blood pressure, immune system function, memory/cognition, mood, & more.

I believe it, I worked like 140 hours recently and I was fucking pissed.

The toll it took on my body was out of this world. Another reason why I’m glad I received that scholarship this year. Within the next 5 years, I plan to be fully into my set career.

Don't need someone with a degree to feel some of these effects lol. This grind culture isn't forced on the billionaires and people who control everything but this country was built on that suffering. Damn shame

I believe it, I worked like 140 hours recently and I was fucking pissed.

The toll it took on my body was out of this world. Another reason why I’m glad I received that scholarship this year. Within the next 5 years, I plan to be fully into my set career.

Bruh I woulda been pissed at the whole street my job is on 140 hours sheesh

Bruh I woulda been pissed at the whole street my job is on 140 hours sheesh

They had the nerve to keep talking about mandatory overtime, smh. I was politely clocking out because nah. After that 140 hours, don’t even talk to me about mandatory anything.

They had the nerve to keep talking about mandatory overtime, smh. I was politely clocking out because nah. After that 140 hours, don’t even talk to me about mandatory anything.

Yoooo that shit crazy and they do at Amazon and shit. And think the pay is worth it. Now I get it more money is cool but how I’m enjoy it?

Yoooo that shit crazy and they do at Amazon and shit. And think the pay is worth it. Now I get it more money is cool but how I’m enjoy it?

I was doing like 15 hrs a day, plus my school work, and I have a 4.5 year old.

The shit is unpleasant AND my supervisor made sure not to say a damn thing to me when I decided not to do overtime. Won’t be killing me!

As you should

you earned that shit

Ill never let a mf shame me into taking days off I earned
My parents ya know old school they only used pto when absolutely necessary. And it only to handle business no sick days. I took a day off like 5 years ago I had like 8 hours pto my mom looked at me crazy like 80 hours ain’t enough

My parents ya know old school they only used pto when absolutely necessary. And it only to handle business no sick days. I took a day off like 5 years ago I had like 8 hours pto my mom looked at me crazy like 80 hours ain’t enough
Thats that Boomer mentality at its finest

Ill be damned if I get treated like George Jetson or Fred Flintstone foh lmao

Have had 3 days off since July, been doing 96hr weeks. Everything irritates me, and I’m usually mellow as hell. Stacking paper so that I can transition into what I WANT to do instead of this shit.

BTW: FUCK Taxes man. Got some shit up my sleeve for 2021

Have had 3 days off since July, been doing 96hr weeks. Everything irritates me, and I’m usually mellow as hell. Stacking paper so that I can transition into what I WANT to do instead of this shit.

BTW: FUCK Taxes man. Got some shit up my sleeve for 2021
You drive trucks?

Back