what science says about human beings working 40+ hours a week

I dont believe in loving your job either. You could have started loving it but at some point or another the repitition gonna get to you.

Or maybe thats me.

I dont hate my job, but I dont love it either.

You'll never see me working over 40 though. I have co workers that get on earlier than me and turn off later. And we get paid for the same 40 hours. Mfers take their jobs way more seriously than I do.

For most of us, this as good as it gets, dog. I tell people about my job all the time nobody LIKES getting up and working, but if you HAVE to, mine isn't a bad job to have to go to everyday.

• Goat
Reactions: Cedtwice and AZTG
For most of us, this as good as it gets, dog. I tell people about my job all the time nobody LIKES getting up and working, but if you HAVE to, mine isn't a bad job to have to go to everyday.

All facts

:yikes1:Working more than 10 hours a day is associated with a 60 percent jump in risk of cardiovascular issues.

:lookatthismf:10% of those working 50 to 60 hours report relationship problems; the rate increases to 30 percent for those working more than 60 hours.

In companies with normal overtime, only 23 percent had absentee rates above 9 percent. In companies with high overtime, 54 percent had absentee rates above 9 percent.

:kanyecry2:Individuals working 11 hours or more of overtime have an increased depression risk

Injury rates increase as work hours increase. Those who work 60 hours per week have a 23 percent higher injury hazard rate.

In companies with an 8.7 percent overtime rate, researchers found no fatigue-related problems. When the overtime rate was 12.4 percent, however, fatigue-related problems were minor.

By the time the overtime rate hit 15.4 percent, fatigue-related problems were severe

In manufacturing industries, a 10 percent increase in overtime yields a 2.4 percent decrease in productivity.

In white collar jobs, productivity declines by as much as 25 percent when workers put in 60 hours or more.

:imdead:Many of the problems identified above tie to stress, which connect to hormonal balances. Specifically, stress raises cortisol, which can disrupt sleep, appetite, blood pressure, immune system function, memory/cognition, mood, & more.

Im not exactly sure what this means?

Interesting...can anyone name anybody that adhered to this?

The pandemic exposed how intense our work culture is in America. That and automation is another good reason why things like four day work weeks should be the norm.

I dont believe in loving your job either. You could have started loving it but at some point or another the repitition gonna get to you.

Or maybe thats me.

I dont hate my job, but I dont love it either.

You'll never see me working over 40 though. I have co workers that get on earlier than me and turn off later. And we get paid for the same 40 hours. Mfers take their jobs way more seriously than I do.
If you are not doing what you love, then it is a job. Most people spend most of their time doing things they dont love. Which is a waste of time and effort. Now there are different reasons for that. A teacher doesnt teach for the money. They enjoy what they do. Same with people that do charity work. Even some sports players. The ones that play way beyond their playing age.