What opinions on rap would you die on a hill for

Jay Z's success is greater than every MC in your region combined.

..and? Y’all just gonna keep trotting Jay out there until hes 80 & drops 8:88 as a posthumous release? NY used to have more than just a couple greats at the forefront. The south is no excuse. Y’all niggas dropped the ball & haven’t picked it up again. Guess Cardi B y’all savior now.

:hahaha:

Andre 3000 is the most overrated rapper of all time.

Big KRIT is the greatest emcee from the south of ALL FUCKIN TIME.

Nas is 10x better than Jay-Z.

Prodigy >>> Jay-Z (1993-2000)

Guru of Gangstarr is the most underrated emcee of all time. He's top 5, DOA.

@AP21 is a emo wanksta.

Last edited:
There hasn’t been a new top NY rapper since 50 Cent. That was 15 years ago. New York lost until proven otherwise.

I agree. There has been other “hot” rappers but they weren’t the undisputed top rapper.

My nostalgia might be talking here and I might have some of this wrong or abit jumbled up haha but I think atleast some of this is right... TBH I think Kendrick and Drake are really the only other 'top' or 'pop' rappers since 50, actually maybe Nicki too... But Drake I guess is a star and also Nicki too to a degree (but more so pop then rap) with regards to K Dot I wouldnt say he is the ultimate 'star' even though he is VERY famous and sold mad units, but I dont think he has that crosses over to the 'my grandma' or 'every person on the sidewalk' has heard of them 'club' like 50, Jay, Em, Dre, Puff, Snoop maybe Wayne and then also Drake and Nicki too etc even in the old days we had groups like Run DMC for instance that were mega mainstream and hits that created crazy trends with sneakers etc and they were also constantly dropping heat AND are still talked about today...

But I think very few artists in ANY genre period these days will hit the mainstream and have No.1 status and enter that 'club' I mentioned AND SUSTAIN LONGEVITY there, we may get a hit or two but I think these days its mainly just that, alot of 1 or 2 year wonders that start a trend or dance etc and then disappear but have no sustainability... In the old days I feel like you had groups and artists that tended to stick around longer and become stars or drop constant hits or chart songs for years at time, yeah you still the one hit wonders but I feel like more 'stars' entered 'that club' back in the day and were created...

I think the reason or part of it, is down to that now we get alot fast music via the internet (and alot of music in general with soundclould etc) and before the internet we actually had to buy music, magazines etc and also in the old days we had advertising everywhere too and hip hop wasnt 'cheesy' or 'popularised' plus the radio more so played 'real' hip hop, AND THEN the internet kinda took that away... So yeah I feel we get more 'here one moment, gone the next' stars with no real longevity... I feel that we tend to follow artists now, and that they become 'famous' and make big money and they maybe dope (or not) and we support them etc especially in the underground and they still hit radio but dont have that longevity and enter that 'club' etc

So I kinda think the days of the constant almost conveyor belt like 'ultimate' pop stars like a MJ, Beyonce, Em, 50 or Drake, Usher, Rihanna even like I said the Run DMC's are gone for the most part, we might get the exception now and again, but in the old days I just seem to remember more/regular 'stars' being created...

I dont really recognise any of these charts from 2016 for instance...
http://www.officialcharts.com/chart...t-songs-of-2016-on-the-official-chart__17517/

Last edited: