Welcome To aBlackWeb

What meal/food/condiment do you no longer eat 'cause you had it so much as a kid.

konceptjones

The one between three and three.
For me, grape jelly for any reason 'cause moms utterly refused to buy anything other than grape jelly. Once in a blue moon maybe we might get orange marmalade, but that's it.

And she's still buying it. When I moved into the new crib she had already brought a few things to hold us until I got a chance to go grocery shopping... A jar of grape jelly was among the food items. It's still sittin' in my cabinet, unopened.

Also, cheese pizza. My Guyanese stepfather lived in NYC for a number of years after immigrating to the US and, so, got used to eating NYC-style cheese pizza. Whenever we had pizza, he would refuse to buy anything other than cheese pizza. Shit was like that the whole time he was married to my moms. I haven't eaten cheese pizza since she put him out at the end of '89.

• Goat
Reactions: GNS
Dorothy Lynch salad dressing. This how my parents got me to eat salad because it's sweet but I hate that shit now.

Mayo. Used to have it on banana sandwiches and tomato sandwiches. Even had a straight up mayo sandwich from time to time.

Did anybody say pork rinds yet?

Once I was old enough to realize what I was actually eating....

giphy.gif

Did anybody say pork rinds yet?

Once I was old enough to realize what I was actually eating....

giphy.gif

This!!!

Not going to lie, sometimes around the Holidays
I want some Pork Rinds

Something about watching The Grinch while eating flaming pig skin just make me want to spread the holiday cheer and go caroling and shit

Back