Welcome To aBlackWeb

What is the reason behind the rise in violent crime in America?

Having jobs that dont pay well is almost the same as not having a job.

Imagine a situation where you were getting unemployment + 600 a week, to going back to your minimum wage job. Its easy to see how mfers can say fuck that, I rather rob.

All this to say, nothing happens in a vacuum. Its simple to say there are jobs and people are quiting, but lets put that in context.
Not sure about your vacuum but all I see is a storm on the horizon.

anywho,

crime statistics/data is mostly manufactured by police without independent review. its mainly based on who the police decide to go after and who they decide to let off. it has 0 to do with the actual rates of crime in an area.

Disclaimer: I am not American and do not live in America.

But I have noticed ur politicans and major news corporations
covering it more...

And some are finally asking what is the reason behind the spike? Sum are
claiming...

What's yall thoughts...

That's it. They're covering it more. There may be a spike put there's no upward trend. Crime has been declining across the U.S..

A spike of a few hundred in 2021 compared to lower numbers in 2020 means nothing, when over a 3 year period it's gone down tens of thousands.

The crimes receive more coverage because they're out of place, when there are fewer of them the ones that occur are notable. You'll notice they harp on gang violence in Chicago and Baltimore more now too. That's because in the late 80s throughout the late 90s it was bodies and crime throughout EVERY major city it would have been absurd to try to reduce it down to a small handful of cities. You can now though.

All that Bullshit about it starts in the home is mostly that.....bullshit. People get beaten, raped, and murdered in their homes by family members, regardless of upbringing.

200.gif

That makes sense now. Bcuz some of your NBA takes have been ARSE.

giphy.gif

Plenty of people quitting tho. Not saying they were good jobs.....but they are jobs.

Covid changed their perspective.

A lot of people lost their jobs...........saw friends/loved ones die............and then started seeing all these quirky videos about people talking about the "hardships" of "sheltering-in place" and working from home

I'd venture to guess that a large number of those people didn't even know it was possible to work from home.

They're working low-wage retail and restaurant jobs..........dealing with customers that feel comfortable talking to them and treating them any old kind of way............and yet, they see people actually complaining about having to work from home???

Basically, once they saw how other people were living............compared with how they were living..............they said:

"Fuck this. I'm not about to risk my life working this bullshit job. I wanna work from home too."

Speaks to everything discussed in that retail workers thread about people leaving their jobs.

After Covid, more people have decided that they'd rather live and die on their terms than continue to be a cog in the system.

Was born in the Bahamas. Spent my pre teen years on the states(Washington st). Spent my high school/college years in Montreal, Canada. Have since moved back to my country of origin (the Bahamas)
Grand bahama?

But I have noticed ur politicans and major news corporations covering it more...

And some are finally asking what is the reason behind the spike? Sum are claiming...

1. The increased pressure/stress cuz of covid.
2. Too many illegal guns on the streets
3. Not enough cops.

I'm not saying those 3 couldn't be a factor. But imo, everything starts in the home. It's how your raising these kids. Are parents (for the most part) instilling morals and values? Like how many families sit together every evening for dinner and discuss the day...2nd its, education. I know quality of education varies from state to state, school to school too. But quality of education plays a role too.

What's yall thoughts...

Folks were locked in and making up for all the violence they missed. Before the pandemic we had a mass shooting once a month.

Back