Welcome To aBlackWeb

What Is Pop Music?

JT is a pop artist.

His music will be deemed pop.

Im not sure whats hard to overstand.

I will watch Buttons clip to get a better idea i guess

He makes rnb music and it's called "pop" , I don't understand why that's so hard to understand fam

He makes rnb music and it's called "pop" , I don't understand why that's so hard to understand fam
Because he not only makes R&B

He started out doing Boy Band ballads

And also put out a country album.

He is not simply an R&B artist

....which Omarion is

Because he not only makes R&B

He started out doing Boy Band ballads

And also put out a country album.

He is not simply an R&B artist

....which Omarion is

If Nsync is "pop" then so should B2k be. Justin's solo work has been RnB, period.

I hate when yall do that shit lol I'm talkin about all his music before he fell df off.

Me: Snoop makes hip hop

Typical ABW poster: *Drops a snoop lion song*

Me: :foh5:

Im sure Ice Box made the pop charts somewhere

Im really not sure what we arguing about.

My brain is leaking and im a lil dizzy

@Goldie ...we “no-signin’” MJ disses now?! Aite...bet...you sir can expect a no-sign for every blasphemous Prince view you feel tha need to muster my nigga

:ghost:

All that defending white privilege doest that to you
I dont like the way u portray my character. Its slanderous.

I addressed this in the OP. When black artists cross over they call it pop.
Jackson sent a memo to MTV requesting that VJs refer to him as The King of Pop in 1991.
MTV VJs were required to call him The King of Pop at least twice a week and had to note when they did it, in case Jackson requested clips. Some hosts had to re-tape entire shows to work in the new nickname.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/perpetua/why-michael-jackson-is-called-the-king-of-pop

If Jazmine Sullivan sung Rollin in the Deep it would be played heavily on your local RnB and oldies station not Kiss whatever number the pop station

On the other hand let Adele had sung I Need You Bad

:Pathetic:

So let me get this right. If “oops i did it again” was sung by a black woman, without changing anything about the song itself, it would be considered r&b?

I dont like the way u portray my character. Its slanderous.

Jackson sent a memo to MTV requesting that VJs refer to him as The King of Pop in 1991.
MTV VJs were required to call him The King of Pop at least twice a week and had to note when they did it, in case Jackson requested clips. Some hosts had to re-tape entire shows to work in the new nickname.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/perpetua/why-michael-jackson-is-called-the-king-of-pop

What color was Mike in 91? :sayword:

Back