Welcome To aBlackWeb

What happened to 50 Cent and G Unit?

I've said it before and I will say it again:

It all falls on 50 as far as the demise of his crew. He is a great businessman but a terrible leader. But the members were lacking so much as well.

Young Buck was and is the most special in terms of talent out of all of them. But unfortunately, you cannot help a man who doesn't want to himself. All the drugs, lavish spending of money got the best of him. 50 being 50 (whether you agree with his action or not) did what he did and cut him off completely.

Lloyd Banks for whatever reason is just lazy. Super talented but extremely lazy. And never seemed to care to aim higher and build a strong base for himself. He's supposed to be a staple in the game/an exec, something of a Pusha T status or even higher right now.

Yayo, loyal to the core but that's where it stops. It is what it is.

Kidd Kidd was never a good fit for that crew IMO.

Game left, but they had enough talent to keep the ball rolling.

Every rap group had their time.

What happend with Outkast? What happend with Wu tang? huhu.. List goes on.

50 ego, and spoiled artist. Plus 50 albums got weaker and weaker. And then music wasn't the focus anymore
This.

With addition of G unit in-fighting. Sales disappearing can be mainly due to the internet. There was still albums being downloaded when GRODT came out, but around the time of Curtis it was WAAAAAAAAAAY easier. Could just google an album name and pull up a media fire link.

I wouldnt say the beef is what slowed him down, but I do think it was a fad of sorts that people lost interest in.

IMO he just couldn't put out something that was on the level of his first 2 albums
I think it was the Curtis album where he made the bet with Kanye? Then he lost but I think he made an excuse or something and still put out music

50 is extremely strong minded/willed and such a hard worker he expects the same extremes from everyone else and cant seem to tolerate anything less then his own standard of work ethic... I think he lacks the ability to emphasise with people not on his level which effects the crew and working relationships...

This mindset can be self destructive but he made millions from it so I guess its hard to argue it...

He reminds me of David Goggins (the navy seal) in that way, by wanting to be surrounded with people that want to be common, amongst uncommon people...

With his music, I feel he lacked that raw hungry, energetic vibe... His first mixtapes and albums you get hear how desperate and hungry he was... He was never the best MC but he made up for it with his hunger...

G-Unit's run lasted as long as any other crew. Dipset, NWA, Tribe, etc all had about a 5-8 year run.

The real question is what was the cause of 50's decline. And even then, not too many artists sustain relevancy and continue to put up high numbers for more than 10 years. Only niggas like Hov, Wayne, Ye, etc have done that.

So basically 50s at the top of his business game but his crew couldn't keep up.

How many G-Unit Radio tapes were there? Maybe that ws his mistake.

So basically 50s at the top of his business game but his crew couldn't keep up.

How many G-Unit Radio tapes were there? Maybe that ws his mistake.

Name a crew who lasted over 10 years. Their run lasted as long as any other popular crew's run.

SN: 50 has a hit single this year.

Name a crew who lasted over 10 years. Their run lasted as long as any other popular crew's run.

SN: 50 has a hit single this year.

Wu Tang
Erick Sermon/Redman
Dr Dre/Ice Cube -Straight outta Compton came out in 88, but they were both around before that.
Lil Wayne/Cash Money
Drake & Nikki are going on 10 years
T.I.
The Roots
Outkast?
LL Cool J
E-40

I'm sure there's more

Wu Tang
Erick Sermon/Redman
Dr Dre/Ice Cube -Straight outta Compton came out in 88, but they were both around before that.
Lil Wayne/Cash Money
Drake & Nikki are going on 10 years
T.I.
The Roots
Outkast?
LL Cool J
E-40

I'm sure there's more

I said crews. You keep saying G-unit fell off. I'm saying there's no crew that has lasted more than 10 years. You can maybe say Young Money but that's only the top 3 and Drake mainly reps OVO now.

Lol @ saying 50 cent had a hit. Last time 50 cent had a record from his album that was hot on billboards was either featuring Eminem or C Brown. Thats like 5+ years ago.

Banks latest album is better than any shit 50 cent have put out in 10+ years.

Even Jim Jones latest album is better than anything 50 cent have put out in 10+ years

Lol @ saying 50 cent had a hit. Last time 50 cent had a record from his album that was hot on billboards was either featuring Eminem or Brown. Thats like 5+ years ago.

50 Cent's Pop Smoke record is a hit record. It's wack, but it's a hit.

50 Cent's Pop Smoke record is a hit record. It's wack, but it's a hit.

Every single from Pop Smoke album is a hit. Brother died recently and you brag about 50 cent having success because of that?

Smh.

50 Cent fell the fuck off period.

Every single from Pop Smoke album is a hit. Brother died recently and you brag about 50 cent having success because of that?

Smh.

50 Cent fell the fuck off period.

Bet.

50's single ft. Chris Brown a few years ago was another hit. It went Gold. You know the last time Nas released a gold single? 1996.

Checkmate.

I said crews. You keep saying G-unit fell off. I'm saying there's no crew that has lasted more than 10 years. You can maybe say Young Money but that's only the top 3 and Drake mainly reps OVO now.

So The Roots and Wu Tang didn't last 10 years?

But I'm not just saying that G-Unit didn't last 10 years. If you check wikipedia, they say 50 Cent can't even get a release for the Street Immortal album. According to wikipedia, that album has been sitting on the shelf since 2015. They say he released a few singles, which made their way onto soundtracks and compilations, but the album itself is finished and sitting on a shelf.

Jackson's fifth album, Street King Immortal, was initially scheduled for a summer 2012 release and postponed until November 13.[79][80] Disagreements with Interscope Records about its release and promotion led to its temporary cancellation. Its first promo single, "New Day" with Dr. Dre and Alicia Keys, was released on July 27. The song was produced by Dr. Dre, mixed by Eminem and written by 50 Cent, Alicia Keys, Royce da 5'9" and Dr. Dre. A solo version by Keys was leaked by her husband, Swizz Beatz. "My Life", the album's second promo single (with Eminem and Maroon 5 lead singer Adam Levine), was released on November 26, 2012......

.....On May 14, 2015, Jackson revealed in an interview that the first single from Street King Immortal, would be previewed Memorial Day weekend and would likely be released in June.[90] Jackson released "Get Low" on May 20, 2015, as the intended first single from his sixth studio album, Street King Immortal (2015). The song, produced by Remo the Hitmaker, features vocals from fellow American rappers 2 Chainz and T.I., as well as American singer Jeremih.[91] He announced bankruptcy on July 13, 2015.[92]

If you trust wikipedia, 50 can't release an album.

So The Roots and Wu Tang didn't last 10 years?

But I'm not just saying that G-Unit didn't last 10 years. If you check wikipedia, they say 50 Cent can't even get a release for the Street Immortal album. According to wikipedia, that album has been sitting on the shelf since 2015. They say he released a few singles, which made their way onto soundtracks and compilations, but the album itself is finished and sitting on a shelf.

Jackson's fifth album, Street King Immortal, was initially scheduled for a summer 2012 release and postponed until November 13.[79][80] Disagreements with Interscope Records about its release and promotion led to its temporary cancellation. Its first promo single, "New Day" with Dr. Dre and Alicia Keys, was released on July 27. The song was produced by Dr. Dre, mixed by Eminem and written by 50 Cent, Alicia Keys, Royce da 5'9" and Dr. Dre. A solo version by Keys was leaked by her husband, Swizz Beatz. "My Life", the album's second promo single (with Eminem and Maroon 5 lead singer Adam Levine), was released on November 26, 2012......

.....On May 14, 2015, Jackson revealed in an interview that the first single from Street King Immortal, would be previewed Memorial Day weekend and would likely be released in June.[90] Jackson released "Get Low" on May 20, 2015, as the intended first single from his sixth studio album, Street King Immortal (2015). The song, produced by Remo the Hitmaker, features vocals from fellow American rappers 2 Chainz and T.I., as well as American singer Jeremih.[91] He announced bankruptcy on July 13, 2015.[92]

If you trust wikipedia, 50 can't release an album.

50 can release music anytime he wants. Stop believing everything you read, especially on wiki.

DistantIdleAlligator-max-1mb.gif

Back