Welcome To aBlackWeb

What happened to 50 Cent and G Unit?

5 Grand

Old School Godfather
They were the hottest thing since sliced bread from 03-06. Then for whatever reason his record sales deteriorated. I remember hearing somewhere that he can't even get a release date from Interscope and he has a record called Street King Immortal thats been sitting on a shelf for over 5 years. I know he was involved in a lot of beefs that, at the time it seemed like he was winning. But it seems like the people that he was beefing with still make records and 50's pretty much blacklisted from the music industry. He still makes TV Shows and movies so he's not broke, but from where I sit, the industry doesn't like nor need 50 Cent. People that were hot in the early 00s like Jay, Nas, Jadakiss, Fat Joe are still doing their thing in Hip Hop.

Your thoughts?

Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 7.53.04 PM.png

How you blame 50 for the end of G-Unit when the real reason is other than 50 & Mobb Deep, the rest of G-unit were idiots with no work ethic.

Banks isnt motivated to in the studio to record anything, Young Buck just wants to spend all his money on stupid shit, not pay his taxes and expects 50 to bail him out every time. And when 50 doesnt, he goes online and cusses him out. Yayo is a dufus and they say he sells weed now.

How long you expect 50 to carry niggas he made millionaires. If they dont wanna be on their shit then fuck it.

Other than Hov, they're all selling the same as Fif. His main focus is no longer music.

50 can't even get a release. His album Street King Immortal has been sitting on the shelf since 2015. Interscope won't even release it.

At least Nas, Jadakiss and Fat Joe can release an album. Not saying it would go platinum, but at least it'll be on Spotify.

50 can't even get a release. His album Street King Immortal has been sitting on the shelf since 2015. Interscope won't even release it.

At least Nas, Jadakiss and Fat Joe can release an album. Not saying it would go platinum, but at least it'll be on Spotify.

If you think 50 can't release a project if he wanted to, I got property on Jupiter for sale.

Got too rich

Game ended them ?

Banks too lazy

Young buck fell out with 50

Got dropped by interscope

My draw to 50 cent was he was a grimey nigga that sounded like he rapped wit a smile, most of his adlibs were lively or laughs..then when I saw the visuals, he actually was smiling while spitting some grimey shit..that wasnt the norm.

Den he came wit a crew that complimented his appeal, which made them appealing. As the years went on tho. That smile that you could hear before went away. Gave way to a mechanical song formula. And in that he lost what made his music the most appealing

The notion that we was having fun, he really started sounding like a miserable nigga

If you think 50 can't release a project if he wanted to, I got property on Jupiter for sale.

If it's that easy, and he has all that money, why doesn't he call Kanye, Just Blaze, Pharrell, Justice League, Timbaland, Swizz, DJ Premier, etc. and drop a 5 mic classic?

He can certainly rap good enough to deliver a 5 mic classic. All he'd really need is two or three radio singles and the rest of the album can just have banging beats with typical 50 Cent rhymes.

Is he even affiliated with Dre or Eminem anymore?

Last edited:
If it's that easy, and he has all that money, why doesn't he call Kanye, Just Blaze, Pharrell, Justice League, Timbaland, Swizz, DJ Premier, etc. and drop a 5 mic classic?

He can certainly rap good enough to deliver a 5 mic classic. All he'd really need is two or three radio singles and the rest of the album can just have banging beats with typical 50 Cent rhymes.

Is he even affiliated with Dre or Eminem anymore?

You said he can't release a project, not that he cannot work with other artists and producers.

I personally think he doesn't need to work with anyone other than Jake One, Nottz (sp?), and some lowkey producers who can compliment his sound and style. Good music will always prevail, you don't need the top producers in the world to make it.

Only thing is, musically for a while now, 50 been lazy and uninspired.

I was a big G-Unit fan back in the day and these were my observations

-50 sacrificed his own catalog and career to build G-Unit the label
-50 spread himself too thin by signing ALOTTA artists, which must of impacted his own music
-50 got on some business shit. Which wasn't a bad idea. More money can be made outside of music. Vitamin water, clothes, shoes, movies, TV shows.
-The artists he signed outside of Game, seemed to not keep consistent momentum w/o him next to him
-This was the most damaging though IMO: The sound of popular music changed (kanye and the southern movement were primarily responsible) and 50 n G-unit did not conform well. 50 ALWAYS hung his hat on record sales and when that took a hit. He lost the numbers, which was his argument for a while. Is ironic that 50 made the labels and industry pay more attention to the numbers and ultimately that's what lead to his decline (that kanye 1st week battle drew blood)

Time.. never fucked with them but time you know the shelf life for a hot run is a few years so what happened to them happened to all similiar trendy groups

Yeah but I can name a handful of artists that had a solid 10-year run

LL Cool J
Jay Z
Nas
Dre
Cube
Too Short
E-40
Busta
Wu Tang(Meth)
Redman

Even Eminem is still putting out records