Welcome To aBlackWeb

What are your thoughts on therapy?

She doesn’t point out that you have to choose carefully who you open up to emotionally. That’s one of the main reasons dudes are closed off because they opened up emotionally to the wrong person. Added to that you can’t emotionally open up to a woman and treat her wrong and cheat on her. The wrong woman or a mad woman will sting you with your inner most feelings

I went to therapy to deal with depression and anxiety. First thing I did was to find a black therapist. For me that was important because I had to go to a white therapist for an adoption case and I just didn’t feel to comfortable. The therapist helped me figure out where my anxiety and depression came about and how to deal with it. I’m more of a loner, so I don’t have many people to bounce my problems with. And my wife is dealing with her own.

It's knowing how to describe whatever it is you're emotionally going through.
Similar to how you would describe your physical symptoms to your doctor.
You would/should know how to describe your emotional symptoms to your therapist.
Sometimes you can’t unfortunately and that’s not always on the person.

I’m too frugal for it but certainly support others in doing it

Some health insurance plans covers part of the cost. If it's something your interested in check that out first before you just say no to it because of the cost.

imo the purpose of therapy is to get to the root of ur issues. Then find ways address those issues (fix em)

I got to the root of most my issues through talking with certain friends and family members as well as my own research online.

I feel so much better as a man in this world.

Its important to note that therapy and a therapist are two different things

So far everyone in here sounds like they are for some kinda therapy, even if they don't/won't use a professional therapist

As long as you aren't in the bottle it up crowd you good to go in my book

I went to therapy to deal with depression and anxiety. First thing I did was to find a black therapist. For me that was important because I had to go to a white therapist for an adoption case and I just didn’t feel to comfortable. The therapist helped me figure out where my anxiety and depression came about and how to deal with it. I’m more of a loner, so I don’t have many people to bounce my problems with. And my wife is dealing with her own.

Same thing I did. Coincidentally, the therapist wound up being originally from Tha D, went to the same college I went to around the same time I was there, even lived in Phoenix while I was there and is now here.

Got diagnosed with anxiety and depression. No meds tho, I told him that shouldn't be necessary if the treatment he's giving is worth a damn. Helped me to work through my issues and walk back from an extremely dark place.

The whole "emotional language" tho??? Yeah, I think that shit's overblown. I really don't believe men lack the language to describe how we feel, we just choose not to express it, especially if you've been burned by doing so in the past, say as a child or teenager. A woman complaining about how we don't express how we're feeling most likely hasn't earned the level of trust necessary for us to do so.

I went to therapy b4 getting married to help with anxiety and depression.. I found an older Black female therapist. She helped me understand that I was still dealing with grief from my father passing while I was in college and other issues from childhood. Gave me some tools to deal with it and progress with my life. It definitely changed my life for the better...

I went to therapy b4 getting married to help with anxiety and depression.. I found an older Black female therapist. She helped me understand that I was still dealing with grief from my father passing while I was in college and other issues from childhood. Gave me some tools to deal with it and progress with my life. It definitely changed my life for the better...

That's one thing about therapy is it'll help some folks realize things they thought they buried are still affecting their lives on a daily basis.

So if I’m angry I should know what words to use to convey that emotion?
I try to walk away give myself some time and then try to address the situation later on, and things have went smoother. I’m trying to stay in a non conflict mode because I have things I value and to live for, trying to look at the bigger picture in life

Back