Welcome To aBlackWeb

What Are You Cooking for Dinner Tonight??

Nah, I'm good

b3f6ad5213cf51ff-can-t-believe-it-idris-elba-gif-find-share-on-giphy.gif

Lol. Fuck them niggas. How about that?

I used too make it like you with no ricotta. Not a huge fan. Then I started mixing the ricotta with Parmesan cheese, an egg, and Italian seasoning before I add it. Shit changed the game for me.

That's the way MOST people do it.

I've never heard of anyone who uses just straight ricotta without any cheese or seasoning mixed in with it. Maybe just straight ricotta is an Italian and not American Italian thing?

For the folks who don't like ricotta cheese, I'm guessing you don't like cannoli's also?

If you do like cannoli's then surprise! The filling is ricotta with the moisture squeezed out of it and powdered sure mixed together.

Lol

For the folks who don't like ricotta cheese, I'm guessing you don't like cannoli's also?

If you do like cannoli's then surprise! The filling is ricotta with the moisture squeezed out of it and powdered sure mixed together.

Lol
Nope

Never ever had one

Lol
Powdered ricotta or powdered sugar? Never had a cannoli btw. Dk what it is.

Mmmmm...yuck?.

Lol.

It's a really good dessert. The filling is creamy not lumpy or anything and its surrounded by a semi sweet open ended fried (kinda like a mini ice cream cone) cone. In the filling some use mini chocolate chips, mini candy fruit, or even thinly sliced pistachios.

If you've ever been to an authentic Italian deli they sell them.

Shit, tiramisu uses mascarpone cheese but you can substitute that for ricotta (mascarpone is better for this though) also. It's another great Italian dessert that if you haven't had you should try.

Lol.

It's a really good dessert. The filling is creamy not lumpy or anything and its surrounded by a semi sweet open ended fried (kinda like a mini ice cream cone) cone. In the filling some use mini chocolate chips, mini candy fruit, or even thinly sliced pistachios.

If you've ever been to an authentic Italian deli they sell them.

Shit, tiramisu uses mascarpone cheese but you can substitute that for ricotta (mascarpone is better for this though) also. It's another great Italian dessert that if you haven't had you should try.
Tirashmo who and what?? Lol the closest to authentic Italian I've gotten is Olive Garden. I don't like their food at all, besides the lil garden salads.

Tirashmo who and what?? Lol the closest to authentic Italian I've gotten is Olive Garden. I don't like their food at all, besides the lil garden salads.

You gotta treat yourself, don't cheat yourself. Lol.

What's the most exotic thing you've eaten before? Why did you eat it and how did it taste you?

I will say this...

Hopefully when things get a bit better as far as COVID I would truly like to meet and treat some of the Texas posters to an actual nice meal.

It seems like a decent amount of folks on here are afraid of anything different than what they are used to. In my opinion that's very sad. I love variety in everything and try to experience new things as much as possible.

On that note, I cook a bit (lol) and always try and eat/drink interesting stuff so maybe I will share some photos In this thread

Back