Welcome To aBlackWeb

What Are You Cooking for Dinner Tonight??

Use bisquick mix. It make the best dumplings for chicken and dumplings....
So, I just made chicken and dumplings… but with Pillsbury Grands buttermilk biscuits. I cut my veggies up last night and also seasoned my chicken thighs and let them marinate overnight.

I let the chicken sear in the pot and let my veggies sweat off at the bottom. I then added broth and let the chicken continue to cook. Later, I cut each biscuit into fours and dropped them in the pot. They fluffed out nicely.

IMG_9659.jpeg

The whole pot is going straight in the trash 🚮. Absolutely disgusting. I added too much minced garlic to the pot and used the wrong seasoning blends for my chicken. Tastes like biscuits and chicken gravy. I’m mad 😠. I’m sad 🥹. I’m mad again 😖.
you-tried-simpsons.gif

lol jokes aside tho that sucks. Wasnt no saving it? Like you couldnt cut it with some water or somethin? Mightve had to toss the dumplings but the rest couldnt be saved at all?

I made some chicken stir fry and rice with thai peanut sauce

1678455693_1122914_gif-url.gif

View attachment 1403255

lol jokes aside tho that sucks. Wasnt no saving it? Like you couldnt cut it with some water or somethin? Mightve had to toss the dumplings but the rest couldnt be saved at all?
IMG_9665.gif

…before I even finished typing. I tried to force myself to eat only some of the dumplings. It literally made me feel sick. There was no saving it. It’s just many little things contributing to the failure. The garlic was overpowering, should’ve simmered the chicken in water instead of searing and then simmering, used too much flour… I will try at it again in the future.

I already found the brie bites online, but they're expensive. You could just get a small wheel of cheese and cut it into cubes. I keep pepper and fig jelly already. All I need is the meats and some crackers 🤤
Was at Kroger today looking for the bite size brie they didn't have any

Damn @Black it looked good but where you think you went wrong at
View attachment 1403259

…before I even finished typing. I tried to force myself to eat only some of the dumplings. It literally made me feel sick. There was no saving it. It’s just many little things contributing to the failure. The garlic was overpowering, should’ve simmered the chicken in water instead of searing and then simmering, used too much flour… I will try at it again in the future.

Back