Welcome To aBlackWeb

What Are You Cooking for Dinner Tonight??

What's everyone preference on cooking steak on cast iron?

Butter or oil?
Do any of u bourgeois use ANY type of steak seasoning? Or just salt/pepper only?
I love a cast iron. I don't really eat or cook steak, but if I did, I'd sprinkle some onion powder, garlic powder, and marinate it with one of those McCormick marinades. I'd also use olive oil for a good sear, but I heard butter gives it way more flavor.

tenor.gif

While I find you tagging me offensive, I have eaten my fair share of and thoroughly enjoy bean pie.

@Inori it looks mid but passable. The crust looks hella parched, and its a bit too dark. I personally like a thinner pie crust bean pie.

A fair assessment... lol

I like my bean pies on the darker side. The second one I made was a bit lighter than the one in the pic.

The crust is where I was having trouble tho. I put foil around that shit n everything but it still got dryer than I would've liked. Not bad for a for a first attempt tho and this shit wont be going to waste lol

A fair assessment... lol

I like my bean pies on the darker side. The second one I made was a bit lighter than the one in the pic.

The crust is where I was having trouble tho. I put foil around that shit n everything but it still got dryer than I would've liked. Not bad for a for a first attempt tho and this shit wont be going to waste lol
You make your own crust too? Idk what goes in bean pie, but it looks like a lotta work.

You make your own crust too? Idk what goes in bean pie, but it looks like a lotta work.

nah not this time. it was a first attempt so I just used one of them pillsbury joints. main goal was to make sure I got the filling right lol.

It was less complicated than I thought it would be

On deck for tonight fried corn, candy yams, baked chicken wings and greens. Would do some hot water cornbread but I'll be the only one eating it..

Back