Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY What Are Some Ways We Can Continue The Marathon?

its crazy my friend created a clothing line hasnt receive the proper support from the black community where im from . He was telling how most of them would say it looks nice but to expensive lol. hes selling t shirts for 20 and hoodies for 30$ .But they rather support clothing lines like gucci, louie v etc. we need to support our own .

I swear I hate this kinda thinkin.

Won't pay for 30$ hoodie...but will be on SC or IG flossin a $800 Gucci belt.

I'm more interested in this.

Also...buying land and commercial property. Black folks wanna combat gentrification, do like Marshan Lynch and purchase a property.

But don't just buy it and let it sit. Rebuild it. Transform it and put up more black businesses for us to support.

This is major. Much respect to Slim Thug.

I wanted to holler at some of the athletes/artists/celebrities in the Bay and see if there's a way we can set up a program where these celebrities put their money together and buy some property/apts/houses and either sell them back to the community at a lower rate or rent them out at an affordable rate for the community.

Homelessness and gentrification is insane out here. They're pushing everybody out.

Fixing ourselves first.

We can’t help anyone if we can’t even help ourselves.

I did set out a little project for myself this spring. I’m going to try doing a little mini garden in my backyard. I’m a bit nervous because I’m not one big on nature however my great grandmother was so she already planted green onions in the back yard as well as a rose bush. She use to have cabbage and an apple tree as well.

I already throw giveaways and I’ve created a few spaces to support Afro Black and Afro Latina mothers. I fell off track mentally but I am getting back on track to finish what I’ve started for the long run.

Fixing ourselves first.

I did set out a little project for myself this spring. I’m going to try doing a little mini garden in my backyard. I’m a bit nervous because I’m not one big on nature however my great grandmother was so she already planted green onions in the back yard as well as a rose bush. She use to have cabbage and an apple tree as well.

I already throw giveaways and I’ve created a few spaces to support Afro Black and Afro Latina mothers. I fell off track mentally but I am getting back on track to finish what I’ve started for the long run.

https://ablackweb.com/forum/threads/the-official-gardening-thread.3880/

there's a few posters here that know a thing or two.....we havent started ours back up yet, but its time

Fixing ourselves first.

Much respect Meeks especially your work with mother's. Keep up the good work fr.

And creating food growing spaces or community gardens is something I do so feel free to reach out whenever if you want some advise or something.

And I agree it starts with self. I can't help others until I help myself first.

This is major. Much respect to Slim Thug.

I wanted to holler at some of the athletes/artists/celebrities in the Bay and see if there's a way we can set up a program where these celebrities put their money together and buy some property/apts/houses and either sell them back to the community at a lower rate or rent them out at an affordable rate for the community.

Homelessness and gentrification is insane out here. They're pushing everybody out.
i dont think the profits are in it like they want.

i once talked to a few dudes and they said they dont make real money off renting to low income people. they rather buy a big place and rent it for $15oo vs a few cheaper properties and bringing in around $800.

the mentality has to be there for them to want to do this. they have to be willing to take a small decrease in income to better it for our community.
but the community also has to appreciate the gesture and sacrifice.

TI once did an interview where he said he fixed up some cribs and in less than two years it was back to being a trap house.
shit like that can discourage people. his interview was very informative when it comes to this.

Much respect Meeks especially your work with mother's. Keep up the good work fr.

And creating food growing spaces or community gardens is something I do so feel free to reach out whenever if you want some advise or something.

And I agree it starts with self. I can't help others until I help myself first.

Thank you! I shall, I definitely need to know how to atleast start my garden. So I’ll hit you up.

i dont think the profits are in it like they want.

i once talked to a few dudes and they said they dont make real money off renting to low income people. they rather buy a big place and rent it for $15oo vs a few cheaper properties and bringing in around $800.

the mentality has to be there for them to want to do this. they have to be willing to take a small decrease in income to better it for our community.
but the community also has to appreciate the gesture and sacrifice.

TI once did an interview where he said he fixed up some cribs and in less than two years it was back to being a trap house.
shit like that can discourage people. his interview was very informative when it comes to this.

I'm still gonna reach out to some folks. I guess I gotta put a solid plan together. The worst they can say is they're not interested.

Back