Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Gardening Thread

Inori

NAWF
Any of yall grow your own vegetables, fruits, herbs, spices etc.?

If so post up...Eating healthy can tend to get expensive buying all fresh shit so I try to grow and harvest my own shit when I can....

Beets, A cucumber and sweet pepper
IMAG0331.jpg

Carrots
IMAG0354.jpg

Strawberries
IMAG0669.jpg

Turnips
20180106_153844.jpg

Sweet potatoes
IMAG0572.jpg

Jalepenos
IMAG0452.jpg

Fresh Basil
IMAG0142.jpg

Collard Greens, a pineapple experiment, Aloe, a few onions and some Tomatoes in the back
20180114_165338.jpg

That is so awesome!!!

My great grandmother had a peach tree in the backyard and she grew her own scallions. I was thinking about growing a few things and seeing how I do. This definitely inspired me.

Even if you don't have a lotta space outside you can still grow a few things inside..

I got an AeroGarden as a gift and you can grow things like peppers, cherry tomatoes, all sorts of herbs in there. You dont even need soil
51119098_Alt05.jpeg

You can put all sorts of things in there.. put some water in the base along with some liquid plant food and ur good to go. The light is retractable so you can make it taller/shorter depending on the plant. I just wish the AeroGarden light I have got a bit taller for larger plants

My backyard is pretty huge, it needs some love though. I don't even know where to begin.

It's not the biggest in the world, lol but I have enough space to grow a few things and I want to try.

My backyard is pretty huge, it needs some love though. I don't even know where to begin.

Depends on where you are and what the weather is like but I'd recommend figuring out where you want to plant your stuff.. pull up all the weeds if there is any and getting a couple bags of garden soil.

Most seeds tell you on the back of the package when the best time of year to plant is for whatever you want. Or you can get seedlings from a place that sells them and transplant them to your garden.

I'm no pro by any means.. lol most times I just plant whatever and hope for the best. I never had an artichoke in my life but planted one from seed and waiting for something to come up.

Depends on where you are and what the weather is like but I'd recommend figuring out where you want to plant your stuff.. pull up all the weeds if there is any and getting a couple bags of garden soil.

Most seeds tell you on the back of the package when the best time of year to plant is for whatever you want. Or you can get seedlings from a place that sells them and transplant them to your garden.

I'm no pro by any means.. lol most times I just plant whatever and hope for the best. I never had an artichoke in my life but planted one from seed and waiting for something to come up.

I live in New York with the crazy weather. I may have to do some google searches to get a deeper understanding lmfao! I'm like a super beginner.

props bruh...something different for a chance.

man i get tired of yard work.

i gotta do landscaping....contouring...clipping the hedges, mulch, weeding. i tried to plant flowers for curb appeal but said fuck it since my house is in the back.

at another spot i want to grow grapes and hops...but i didnt get back there yet.

i want to grow mangos at my hideaway.

but dont have the space or yard to grow shit here in my apartment.

i do want to raise bees but thats another thread.

props bruh...something different for a chance.

man i get tired of yard work.

i gotta do landscaping....contouring...clipping the hedges, mulch, weeding. i tried to plant flowers for curb appeal but said fuck it since my house is in the back.

at another spot i want to grow grapes and hops...but i didnt get back there yet.

i want to grow mangos at my hideaway.

but dont have the space or yard to grow shit here in my apartment.

i do want to raise bees but thats another thread.

damn.. that sounds like a lotta shit!

aside from trimming the hedges and cutting the grass we dont have to do too much landscaping thankfully.

Mangoes would be dope! I tried to grow some avocado a few times but haven't had any luck just yet.

That's all you with the bee's tho.. I aint tryna get fuckin stung.. ill just buy some honey damnit lol

If you ended up with some grapes would you just eat them joints or try to make some wine out of it?

damn.. that sounds like a lotta shit!

aside from trimming the hedges and cutting the grass we dont have to do too much landscaping thankfully.

Mangoes would be dope! I tried to grow some avocado a few times but haven't had any luck just yet.

That's all you with the bee's tho.. I aint tryna get fuckin stung.. ill just buy some honey damnit lol

If you ended up with some grapes would you just eat them joints or try to make some wine out of it?
the plan is to make wine. the mangoes and wine are in the places i plan to retire. same with the bees.

one of my relatives plants flowers right next to their tomato plants... the flowers bring the bees and they end up pollinating everything apparently.. never tried it before tho

one of my relatives plants flowers right next to their tomato plants... the flowers bring the bees and they end up pollinating everything apparently.. never tried it before tho
yes...beez help alot

as do ladybugs and snails....i read alot about gardening but couldnt get into it.

yes...beez help alot

as do ladybugs and snails....i read alot about gardening but couldnt get into it.

I feel ya on all you said except snails/slugs.. them muhfuckas are the bane of my garden.. always chewing on leaves and tearing shit up.. muthafuckas.. I keep a thing of salt just for them when the sun goes down.

I feel ya on all you said except snails/slugs.. them muhfuckas are the bane of my garden.. always chewing on leaves and tearing shit up.. muthafuckas.. I keep a thing of salt just for them when the sun goes down.
crazy thing...i knew a guy who uses to breed earthworms in his basement...he made a shit load of money every week.

i mean it was like 300 a week but it was from raising earthworms and selling them at gardening stores and bait shops

crazy thing...i knew a guy who uses to breed earthworms in his basement...he made a shit load of money every week.

i mean it was like 300 a week but it was from raising earthworms and selling them at gardening stores and bait shops

I feel that.. earthworms dont chew on leaves from my experience tho.. they stay under the ground. Snails/slugs chew on tomato leaves, collards, spinach etc. above ground and fuck shit up.

I was bout to ask if ya homie had a bait/tackle shop breeding earthworms.. where im at we use squid or chicken for fishing bait

I feel that.. earthworms dont chew on leaves from my experience tho.. they stay under the ground. Snails/slugs chew on tomato leaves, collards, spinach etc. above ground and fuck shit up.

I was bout to ask if ya homie had a bait/tackle shop breeding earthworms.. where im at we use squid or chicken for fishing bait
nah.....he does for extra income.

nigga tried to push that shit on me....

im like dude...i cant contain them niggas. do i get a refund if they crawl out my flowerbed? and how do i know them niggas working.

he had some hybrid type shit...the bait shops used to get that nigga some fat pockets.

Back