Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION What are some films that you HATE, that people generally LOVE?

Now that you brought it up I haven't seen too many black folk in any of his films

Look closer fam, 90% of the people Joker kills on-screen in TDK are Black...

Gangster with the pencil trick...
Cop before the tunnel chase scene (with a shotty)...
One of the gangsters with the pool stick (makes the fight to the death, no less)...
Cop in the hospital (at point-blank range)...

Inception begins with Leo beating up a handful of Afro-Brazilians during the chase toward the beginning...

Joseph Gordon Levitt beats up black dude in the spinning hallway with ease...

The only time CN puts Black people in his movies is to get shot or beat up by the hero...

Last edited:
To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar

Holiday Heart

Well, I like these movies and other ppl tend to hate them lmao. Already made my post before rereading the thread, so I edited it.

Straight Outta Compton...straight Nyquil. I tried to watch this movie at least 3 times and never made it past them gettin harassed by cops at the studio.

Star Wars...tried to watch the first joint with some friends, couldn't finish.

Avenger movies suck. Can't stand em.

One of the gangsters with the pool stick (makes the fight to the death, no less)...

Inception begins with Leo beating up a handful of Afro-Brazilians during the chase toward the beginning...

The only time CN puts Black people in his movies is to get shot or beat up by the hero...

tenor.gif

i noticed how joker did the black gangsters but i ain’t even catch the other shit. ima have to rewatch

Smh i almost hate TDK now when you point this shit out.

Morgan Freeman faired pretty well. He did more batmanning than Batman

Smh i almost hate TDK now when you point this shit out.

I was sitting in the theater keeping a tally and expecting some kinda outrage...

I secretly think they did this to secure that PG-13 rating... like it's not as violent if it's toward Black people...

Btw, you can add Michael Jai White's character to the list (knife through the throat).... that's at least 5 niggaz in a movie full of white people...

Or, you know, act against character and serve as the humanitarian they needed in a time of crisis who showed the Police Warden up for being a shithead willing to kill innocents and convicts alike to save his own ass, or we forgetting Tiny Lister Jr's huge ass pulling off an act of redemption showing the authority to be uncaring and corrupt while he as a reformed convict understood the value of all human life and wouldn't compromise?

This selective ignorance buffoonery shit serves your agenda but doesn't reflect things accurately, as noted above Morgan Freeman was the one who called Bruce out on his shit with the cell phone signal mappings of the city and was entrusted to bring it all down and blow it all up whether Batman failed or succeeded.

Also, Lucius never even went to the Batcave once. He stayed at Wayne Enterprises or Wayne Tower. So how would they storm a place he's never been to get to him?

Or, you know, act against character and serve as the humanitarian they needed in a time of crisis who showed the Police Warden up for being a shithead willing to kill innocents and convicts alike to save his own ass, or we forgetting Tiny Lister Jr's huge ass pulling off an act of redemption showing the authority to be uncaring and corrupt while he as a reformed convict understood the value of all human life and wouldn't compromise?

This selective ignorance buffoonery shit serves your agenda but doesn't reflect things accurately, as noted above Morgan Freeman was the one who called Bruce out on his shit with the cell phone signal mappings of the city and was entrusted to bring it all down and blow it all up whether Batman failed or succeeded.

Also, Lucius never even went to the Batcave once. He stayed at Wayne Enterprises or Wayne Tower. So how would they storm a place he's never been to get to him?

Get you feelings out bruh...

The Morgan Freeman thing was obviously a joke... you would think they would stop short of putting a castration scene in a Batman movie...

So you gonna explain all the Black people Joker kills in the movie by pointing at the franchise player and the "convict with the heart of gold" stereotype?

Since you know everything why don't you remind us how many white people The Joker kills on screen in the movie...

There was his partner in the bank with the mask (maybe)......................

Get you feelings out bruh...

The Morgan Freeman thing was obviously a joke... you would think they would stop short of putting a castration scene in a Batman movie...

So you gonna explain all the Black people Joker kills in the movie by pointing at the franchise player and the "convict with the heart of gold" stereotype?

Since you know everything why don't you remind us how many white people The Joker kills on screen in the movie...

There was his partner in the bank with the mask (maybe)......................

By that same logic all the actual bad guys were white, so does that make Nolan a self loathing cracka? Do you think he assumes all DAs will go nuts if they lose their fiancee in an arson attack and get partially disfigured?

Sigh.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/0687226b495560afcda2722e140cf0b6/tenor.gif?itemid=8653701

I'm not in my feelings. I'm not the one taking the deaths of movie characters personally as some sort of racist jibe because I recognise they are fictional characters serving the purpose of the plot to convey themes to the audience they can identify, relate and possibly learn from as most moral parables tend to do. These are not people, they are plot devices that serve to antagonise the main characters. It is not about race, it is about story.

The problem seems to be you are a simpleton that relates to art far more personally tham makes sense to do and can't tell the difference between a plot device and actual racism, assuming that any film where black characters die must have a racist director at the helm. which is frankly retarded and something only a 14 year old who has watched too many X Files and Al Sharpton rants and is now viewing everything through a selective spectrum rather than in the cold light of day as what it is, a film with a hero and a villain, challenges and choices, a beginning, disruptive middle and altered but satisfying return to equilibrium as most stories go.

I look at movies as movies and as art by auteurs if they develop signature methods in their style such as Aranofsky's following behind and slightly to the right of characters or Fincher's cameras follows or is equal to the onscreen eyeline or personal perspective, I'm not going to assume Spielberg is a huge fan of what happened in WW2 just because he's made many movies about the event but I will note the use of the girl's red coat to symbolise both an outstanding presence in a terrible time and later the notable sad death of an innocent before her time, her belongings piled beside others as if they are all equally worthless in Nazi's eyes but not in Oskar Schindler's. Because that's what intelligent film criticism involves, not just "the black characters die? Man, director must be down with the KKK!" You want me to go count all the dead white people to try defend my argument? Sorry, I am not taking the bait of a simpleton using simpleton logic because it's beneath me and should be beneath you but apparently you're lacking intelligence and education in this area. But if you want to go do that, go ahead, I'm sure you'll find more dead white guys including the asian guy Lau. Oh, wait, Joker sets fire to him which is obviously Nolan referencing Thich Quang Duc's self immolation protest against Southern Vietnam in 1963, right? Or, you know, maybe it's just a cool visual to demonstrate Joker's a psychopath who values nothing but his own amusement?

It's not about feelings, it's about critical analysis based on actual known methods of film study in terms of key symbolism, Chekov's gun, mise-en-scene, character archetypes and plot development... but I don't think any of that likely means much to you if you're the one being selectively ignorant and then accusing others of being emotionally attached to the deaths of these characters when there is literally no reason to be for most of them since they don't even get names or reasons to care for them. Yet somehow you're upset over what is effectively the death of an extra simply because they're black? Yeah, chief, might want to rethink that one and look for some logic to try apply to your next supposition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Independence Day...after watching it as an adult, it just wasn't that good. Cloverfield was trash

Smh @ the first two movies being Inception and Scarface. I aint even participating in this blasphemous ass thread

Back