Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION What are some films that you HATE, that people generally LOVE?

Lou Cypher

The Tokin' White Guy
The opposite of the other thread. What are some movies that you hate, but other people love the hell out of?

Im gonna have to think of mine for a bit, but will return.

15_5_Inception1.jpg

Visually it was exceptional but I thought the plot and script was crap... but people love Chris Nolan because of his Batman films

upload_2018-1-5_14-51-17.jpeg

okay it's not that i hate scarface, but i just don't think it's interesting or good... i think it's actually quite boring and over the top..

but not in a cheesy way...if it was cheesey, or like if it was meant to be funny, it would have been better, but the fact that it's supposed to be serious, and people consider it one of pacino's best performances just bugs me a little...

i think i would be less harsh on it if people weren't so over the top in admiration of it.....

it's just far from pacino's best work.....

View attachment 19649

okay it's not that i hate scarface, but i just don't think it's interesting or good... i think it's actually quite boring and over the top..

but not in a cheesy way...if it was cheesey, or like if it was meant to be funny, it would have been better, but the fact that it's supposed to be serious, and people consider it one of pacino's best performances just bugs me a little...

i think i would be less harsh on it if people weren't so over the top in admiration of it.....

it's just far from pacino's best work.....

Blasphemy

The Hangover - one dimensional dickheads getting on like absolute twats in Las Vegas. I always found the film completely unengaging and totally unfunny. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas did what The Hangover did in a far smarter and funnier way.

Absolutely everyone loved the film at the time - I don't hear anyone talk about it at all any more. The sequels seemed to have destroyed all it's good will that it gained as well.

I hate all of those movies that have black people as slaves/subservient people.

The Color Purple, The Butler, 12 Years..., Moonlight was wack as fuck. Didn't care for Fences. (I know it's not in the same vein, I just didn't like it.)

Any and every Tyler Perry movie.

LOOOOLOL..... .. ..I swear there was MFs who loved that movie alot especially on the IC

I saw it recently for the first time and was thought it was meh

Last edited:
well lets see.

BRIGHT !!!
GET OUT (*I didnt hate this movie but I def didnt understand the hype)
DJANGO
STAR WARS
ALL COMIC BASED FILMS (Marvel/DC)
anything starring Tyler Perry

fences the movie was long, boring and cringy.
I rather see the play

they did a disservice to August Wilson

I too am not impressed with the star wars series. Saw the original trilogy as a kid, but never was blown away by it. Step dad took me to all the prequels in theaters when they released. Only shit I liked about those movies was darth maul and seeing yoda fight. Haven't seen any of them since Disney took over.

Star Wars
Lord of the Rings
The Hangover

I get what cats are saying about Scarface and Inception (*Kanye voice* Christopher Nolan does not like Black people)...

With that said, Tarantino is a parody of himself and i don't get how he gets away with as much as he does...

Watchmen only works as a graphic novel...

Back