What’s Your Car Payment?

Kudos for having a car for over a decade
No choice really but I'm grateful that basic maintenance and prevention have kept it together

Only major work was last year when I had to get something in my transmission replaced caused the clutch would stick and wouldn't come back up. But for a car 15+ yrs old, something like that was bound to need replacing

Other than that, tires, occasionally brakes and dassit

No choice really but I'm grateful that basic maintenance and prevention have kept it together

Only major work was last year when I had to get something in my transmission replaced caused the clutch would stick and wouldn't come back up. But for a car 15+ yrs old, something like that was bound to need replacing

Other than that, tires, occasionally brakes and dassit
Ay man take it from me who sucks as far as maintenance you’re doing good

• Goat
Reactions: AP2.5
Ay man take it from me who sucks as far as maintenance you’re doing good
Had a lemon for my very first whip

A marginally better lemon for the second whip

This car I actually got with my own money.

My stepdad helped me a ton with my first two cars. He will keep a car until it won't start but he's a huge proponent of regular basic car maintenance. Oil changes, checking fluids regularly, washing the motor off occasionally, filter replacements, etc..

I owe what I know to him

0.. my cars have 120k and 136k miles. ...so I'm thinking about getting a newer family vehicle next year and paying it off quickly.

Reactions: Swabbie
Car payment is $0. I really can't foresee a time in the future where I run out and get a note again. I bought this one back in 2022, sank some money into it to get it roadworthy for the trip across the country, and figured if I get 2-3 solid years out of it then it was money well spent.

My Impala is paid off. It was like 450 a month though. I was paying 300 every 2 weeks to get it paid off early, and it was. Wife will got payments on hers, her shit like 390 a month

• Goat
Reactions: Old Man Cain